time to upgrade my servo or just replace gears?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

i was doing some jumping to day and messed up my steering servo in my savage, it is a hitech HS-645mg servo its lasted me for about a year and replaced the gears only once but my question is should i just pay the 15 bucks to get replacement gears again or should i just get a better servo higher torque and stronger gears maybe something with titanium gears or somthing? thanks for any advise.

shark

same place has the 7955 that you were looking at for 89.95 good price for that servo

is there anyway i could set the voltage to 7.4v on my esc? so i could utilize that much torque?

will the hs7950 fit in the savage steering spot?

if you are running LiPo battires then you are already at 7.4...and the 7955 is a standard size servo so it will drop right in

I run the 5955TG it's a couple years old , discontinued now , I believe looking at the specs it was replaced 7955TG ,
I really enjoy mine and would buy another if the price was right .

well i ordered the 7950 (of course i found a higher torque one later,lol) but anyway i was just wondering i noticed that i can't seem to find replacement parts for this servo, or I'm just not looking in or on the right web site. but what happens if you strip a gear? do you have to buy a hole new one? has anybody stripped a titanium gear? or is that the reason they don't have replacement parts cause you won't need them? although i hope i don't .

I have yet to break anything on my 7955TG , and i'm not too worried about it either , I think I would have to do something rather dumb to break it , but thats just me , others may have.
but I'm not doing LiPo or 7.4 volts .

Latest posts

Members online

Back