Time for a new engine-Suggestions please !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Promc

Turns on a 5p!
Evenin all,
I'm looking to get a new engine for the 25,I'm thinking of going for something along the lines of the the F4.6.Has anybody got any suggestions of anything comparable to it ,or know of any issues for fitting the F4.6 in the 25 ? TY :)

i just picked up a axial .28 spec 1s which is a very similar engine but a little bit more powerful for 99 bucks on ebay came to 114 shipped.

I agree on the Axial .28 spec 1s. Its a great engine and you cant beat the power for the price. I run them in both of my Savages.

i will have to agree with the people above, if you want a cheap powerful engine which is easily tuned you cant go wrong with the axial 28 spec 1 now if you can afford a little more the lrp is a great choice and has even more power!!!

You can have the Axial .28 Spec 1S for $109.99 HERE Otherwise I strongly agree with Nitroaddict The LRP is much more powerful otherwise even better the Picco 28 P3 which are both great mills with lots of power for the buck and both are under $200.

If you lookin for a torque monster like the LRP but want a higher RPM range, then go with the SureFire 32R. It's only 15 bucks more than the LRP through SMF. LRP=$170 SF=$185

surefire .32 doesn't have close to as much top end as an lrp it's a torque monster. and you can get an axial for 99 bucks on ebay just search.

I agree the surefire will not have quite as much top end as the LRP but will definitely our do the torque of the LRP, However the LRP is no slouch anywhere. Your right you can fine the Axial for $99 on the Bay but I would rather spend the extra $10 and know what I am getting along with helping a fellow Member and sport supporter who we all know on this forum is great.

The Surefire is a great motor who creates lots of power. It would be an awesome basher motor, for sure!

xtreme is talking about the sf .32 R Its different than the reg .32. I don't know much about it. Hopefully its got some more upper rpm power.

I hear great things about the axial 1s and then I hear nightmares. Seem one or the other. It seems I've seen a few blown axial threads. I've never run one so I don't really know. I'm running the least reliable engine out there sts.30rev2 and haven't had any problems.

The claimed top RPM on the SureFire is 38k as to the LRP at 33k-34k. Plus like grumpy said, the newer 32R has been revamped from the previous 32, which isn't really being sold too much anymore since the 32R is out now.

I just swicthed from the axial to the lrp an the lrp is hands down far and away better all the way around.Thats coming from a guy who loved his axial too.If money is a prob the axial will make ya happy

Latest posts

Members online

Back