TigerDrive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRPSavage

Hey Guys,

I have heard tigerdrive needs extensive suspension work to fit on a savage,but I cannot find any DIY’s or info as to what specific modification(s) need to be done. I recently had the coil come out of my LRP.30 and it’s been such a nightmare to put back in and I can’t find any LRP replacements. I ordered an SH.28 pull starter, since I heard they are compatible, but any additional info would be appreciated.

@LRPSavage

APPARENTLY YOU ARE RIGHT , HOPEFULLY SOMEONE HERE HAS DONE THIS MOD BEFORE .

FROM TIGER DRIVE / SULLIVAN :

Important Note To HPI Savage Owners: Installation of the TigerDrive units into the HPI Savage chassis requires extensive modification of suspension components unless the Extended Chassis Kit has been installed! Some documentation of these modifications has been published in major forums and personal websites. Due to the nature of these sites, we do not provide links to them. However, most can be found through a basic web search. It’s not to say that it won’t work but rather a real challenge and gamble to make it fit and work properly. Because the HPI Savage is a very complex and compact setup of frame work and suspension, installation of the TigerDrive units into the Savage chassis could require extensive custom modification of components which most likely void the warranty of the vehicle and any of its parts. People have done it in the past and say it works perfectly but these people are not Sullivan employees and merely R/C hobby enthusiasts. We can not put trust in an unknown person who could possibly damage our company’s reputation which it has built over the last 50 years. You might be able to find more details and help on this subject in internet R/C forums or personal websites but from a legal standpoint, we choose not to get involved with the details of their modifications. We do not want to be responsible for people tearing apart their expensive vehicles only to find that the TigerDrive will not work or that permanent damage has been done to their vehicle. You might also be able to find some valuable insight from the people at HPI Racing as they may have some recommendations that you can surely trust.

Yeh I spoke to a rep via email and they weren’t even aware of that little excerpt. Kind of an uneasy feeling there. I asked if they knew any useful install resources via the forums and the only advice i received was it fits a extended chassis savage. Obviously I’ll extend my frame for a $25 rotostart... I believe the OS.30 roto start is a direct fit.

I HAVE A T.D. ON MY OLD ASSOCIATED RC10GT AND WORKS GREAT BUT NONE ON ANY OF MY SAVAGES.

FOUND THIS :

Yes you can use the sullivan in the savage chassi, you just have to position the hex hole facing up in the direction of the engine head. Sullivan has always done well for me.Be sure to grease the gears well and seal between the plastic cover and back plate good.

I HAVE A T.D. ON MY OLD ASSOCIATED RC10GT AND WORKS GREAT BUT NONE ON ANY OF MY SAVAGES.

FOUND THIS :

Yes you can use the sullivan in the savage chassi, you just have to position the hex hole facing up in the direction of the engine head. Sullivan has always done well for me.Be sure to grease the gears well and seal between the plastic cover and back plate good.
I’ve heard good things. May have to check it out if I can find a solid diy

Latest posts

Members online

Back