throttle servo and linkage question !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minus13

hey guys seems like a great site for getting help and advice .... lots of people with knowledge here it seems like ! anyhow ... i have a throttle linkage question ..... savage is idling kinda rough ... was not like this b4 just seemed to start doing it ...... my throttle trim needs to be almost 3/4 turn towards full trim for the truck to stay alive while idling ..... when i try to apply the brakes it shuts off every time now .... so to me it seems like a linkage setting problem ? thanks for you time and i hope to get some good feed back like i know i will ! obtw i have a savage x with the 4.1 !

adjust your linkage (with the engine not running) .. do a dry run of the linkage . test it and see what it does when you open and close it . also set your carb needles back to factory settings (flush) w/ the carb body.. You might have a tuning issue . b/c if you have a rough idle in might be running rich or lean . Its hard to tell for sure bro. by the way welcome to the forum

I would guess either linkage or a tuning probem as well...good call SJ. Welcome to the forum minus13.

mine did that and i had the idle set to low so when i put on the brakes it stalled my truck! then someone in here told me u should have atleast a 1 mm opening in the carb when its in neutral
to keep the engine running. SO I TOOK OFF THE AIR FILTER AND NOTICED THE CARB WAS CLOSING ALL THE WAY WHICH MEANS NO FUEL GETTING TO THE ENGINE WHEN IDLING SO I ADJUSTED THE IDLE SCREW TILL I NOTICED THE 1 MM OR SO OPENING THEN TRIED IT AND ITS BEEN FINE EVER SINCE, IDLES FOREVER AND DOESNT STALL WHEN BRAKES ARE APPLIED! HOPE THIS HELPS AS I'm NOT 100% SURE THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM BUT I WOULD CHECK IT! AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM MINUS 13

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks boys ! ill try it later tonight and let you know what the result was ! cheers !

Latest posts

Members online

Back