Throttle sero jumpy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagebasher1

Hi all, I'm kind of new to this, It is only my second season with my truck (SavageX c/w 3spd, Integy MSR8 and 4.6). I was out bashing my truck the other day and all of a sudden my throttle started to jump... rev up then brake and rev up. I thought it might be an engine problem so I shut the truck of and pulled in the throttle and it reacted as it should. I then started the truck back up... lifted it off the ground and gave er some gas. That is when I realized it was the servo or radio and the servo was jumping. It only happens when the truck is running.
Has any one run into this or know what may be the problem.

Had the same problem, the crystal is loose. Check it out and get back to us.

Could also be water in the servo, has happened to me twice...

If it's the crystal usually both the throttle and the steering servo act up.

I checked the crystal and all seems to be good there!
I was running on some somewhat wet grass..... water could be a good cause. Is this something that will fix itself by drying?

No, you should open your servo, and use some CRC 5-56 on the electronics, but not so much the gears, as they are lubed with special grease.

You could also use a hair dryer... But most likely you have some oxidized metal shorting out circuits in your servo, and CRC 5-56 is just about the best thing to use in order to clear this off, as it's non conducting drives away water, cleans away corrosion, and protects electronics..

I take no responsibility if you brake it, But I have done this twice and my servo's been 100% ever since.

You may need to change the servo...

What you can also try, in order to eliminate the radio's as a source of problem, try switching the steering and throttle servo cables and see if the problem persists..

Just make sure that the throttle is closed when you start the truck... Be careful..

Thanks for the input SantaClaw, Last night I did take the servo apart and sprayed it off with some CRC contact/electronic but now it is in worse shape. I cant get the black plastic switch back inside the slot of the servo. I will try again after work today.

Thanks for all your help guys, Once I got the prox switch back in the slot I put er back in and she is as good as new. All it took was a little spray of CRC.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back