Throttle return spring, where and why.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purenitro

Owner of Extreme RC Mods
I figured I would take this oportunity to explain a few things about "where and why" the trs should be mounted. I have seen this so many times and I don't know why HPI does it either. The spring should be attached to the "linkage" as it is intended to pull the servo closed if there is a radio failure. To put all that load on the carb realy takes it's toll on the moving parts, not to mention it realy side loads the carb. Another issue that I just saw again at the last race when helping someone out is that the spring can wear through the rubber boot causeing tuning issues due to air leaks.

I have found that one or two tiny elastic bands from the throttle pull to the hsn is all you need to close the carb "if" the throttle horn was to pop off. Use the spring on the linkage to close the servo for radio failure.

On a side note "check your end points" when you pull the throttle wide open, you only want the barrel to just clear the opening, it does not make it go faster to pull it as far as it will go. In fact pulling it to the maximum open position can damage the carb and cause binding issues down the road. I hope this info helps, any questions feel free to ask.

Robin. "EDIT" I was able to find a trs so I took better picture for all to see.

DSC07611.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back