Throttle-brake Mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

I'm Wondering About The Ofna Throttle -brake Linkage Mod! OR WHAT THROTTLE-BRAKE MOD DO U GUYS CONCIDER THE BEST? AND WERE ABOUTS DO I ORDER IT?

Last edited by a moderator:
whaddya wanna know about it? tower hobbies sells the sliders...or you can find them on eBay...you can even find the complete linkage conversions already built on eBay...

Oh Ok Cool Thanks I'm Gonna Go With The Complete Linkage I Think! Thanks For The Info

I'm doing mine hopefully this week. i'll post up in here with the comments i have. I'm gonna do the linkage upgrade first then try the truck then I'm going to do the dual disc brake conversion and try the truck with both setup.

I like this mod and would consider it in the future, but so far, my standard linkage has been doing a fine job I figure.

SAVAGESHAUN you can just buy the ofna linkage kit and do it yourself. It really is simple. It's probably the simplest mod you can do. I'll get a link to a guite for you. http://boards.hpieurope.com/showthread.php?t=13500. I just did what girl racer did. It works really well. I did have to go to the hardware store though and buy a longer bolt. I also used a couple of the spacers that come with the savage to raise the servo so the bolt wouldn't hit the chassis.

I can't really help with where to get if from but it's a very common part. Just remember it's not a specific savage part but it works perfectly. It's how hpi should set the trucks up out of the factory.

thanks mtbikertim i agree with doob heres some reps for your help!!! the help is appreciated!

I believe it was JT...............if I remember correctly because when I ordered my rx/tx from him I was going to get his mod but I didn';t have the money at the time.

I recived a throttle mod from jt .. One of the best things I did for my savage . looks great also

Whats the point of this mod my stock setup works fine?? Is it just for looks?

Apparently It Gives U Even Better Throttle Response And Improved Braking!!

HHMMmm interesting!!! Its a cheap hop up so if its doing anything let it do it and I think it kinda looks cool but not for me if i ever run into a problem with my stock one i will consider it!

Ya Thats What I'm Thinking!! As Soon As I Start Having Problems Or Maybe In The Future Decide To Do The Throttle Mod I Will But I Agree With U, My Stock Throttle-brake Works Perfect At The Moment!

But Ya Never Know!!! Lol As I'm Finding It Hard At Times To Hold Back From Buying Hop Ups!! Lol

or try this thread, Here, and Here throttle mod for cost of nothing (except glue and an off cut of plastic.)

with a little more explaination.

the bar has been bent due to the pads wearing down, and i fine tune the brake force using the thumb screw and spring or varied length of fuel tube as you suggest. the rear spring is used only to prevent the brakes draging while on throttle.
this mod is similar idea to the others where sliders are used, but using all stock parts.

if you believe this mod to be ineffective, a simple test is to remove the upper (throttle) part of the servo horn or disconnect the carb link, and try out the brakes , they will immediately be applied faster and hold firmer with less strain on the servo.

the setup of the throttle/break horn in stock form, highlighted above, uses the same spring as the non cam type steering servo saver on the older savages. and it is also replicated on the nitro rs4 and MT2 throttle/brake.

here is my mod. parts used, Dynamite aluminum servo arm, Ofna linkage kit, kwickclip rod ends,linkage rods, heat shrink, locktight.
Ofna linkage, mounted on a aluminum arm
tts010hj0.jpg

tts007ff7.jpg

kiwk clip, this is a screw on typ. I mounted it on a linkage rod that you get in the air plan section at hobbie shop. Aplly locktight to rod threads screw it on, the a small peace of heat shrink to dress it up.
tts009gs5.jpg

make everything neat looking and clips on and off easy.

tts011ig1.jpg

this is an easy mod and sevral ways to make it, it cost maybe 20 bucks for everything.
The linkage rods are easy to work with, bend easly to how ever you need them to bend.
tts036jy1.jpg

tts005mu7.jpg

This is a good mod to start with, as the stock linkage set up does not allways open the throttle corectly, also looks better and more funtional than stock.

well tomorrow is the day. my truck will be getting outfitted with the ofna linkage,dual disc conversion and I'm changing the spur gear as well i want some more speed than torque right now. i'll post up some pics tomorrow or sunday as well as results

Help I have recently installed the Ofna mod. My only problem is when I apply the brakes it closes the carb completely. Peace.

this is an older pic, they settings have changed.
Picture014.jpg

if u did mean its closing all the way, take off your air filter so u can see into the carb and adjust your idle screw till u have about a 1mm gap that way when u apply the brakes it will stay running! unless u mean its something with the ofna mod then I'm not sure what to say

if u did mean its closing all the way, take off your air filter so u can see into the carb and adjust your idle screw till u have about a 1mm gap that way when u apply the brakes it will stay running! unless u mean its something with the ofna mod then I'm not sure what to say

Did the trick thanks guys. Peace.

Latest posts

Members online

Back