throttle and steering servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny

well my sf1 servos are on there last leg and i need to get some new high torque servos. should i just get the savage X sf2 servos or save up some money and get futuba or some other high quality brand?

The Hitec 645MG is a great budget servo actually probably one of the best. the JR ST126MG is simular actually a few $$ cheaper and has a few extra oz torque. On my basher I run the SF2 for throttle and the JR I listed for the Steering and on my racer I run both Hitec servos throttle/brake is 5625MG and the Steering is a 5645MG which I will probably stich to on my basher as well as the servos die on it. I love digital, the 2 digitals I listed are about $52 each and the analogs above (645MG or ST126MG) are about $30 +/-.

Thoes are some pretty nice servos you guys have there, not the fastest thing for throttle but are great for steering.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the big differences between the analog and digital servos? Are they worth the extra cost? Also, can the digital servos be used with the stock receiver? thnks

Digital servos can be used with the stock radio. The difference is they are more accurate expecially when used with a digital radio but digital also has full power as soon as you tell it what to do and an analog needs to move several degrees before it gains full strength. The digital will hold longer expecially when cornering. I have feel that they last longer. However, digital servos do suck more power and arn't recomended for AA packs so a Hump is recomended. I hope this helps and I would personally say yes they are worth it.

Digital servos can be used with the stock radio. The difference is they are more accurate expecially when used with a digital radio but digital also has full power as soon as you tell it what to do and an analog needs to move several degrees before it gains full strength. The digital will hold longer expecially when cornering. I have feel that they last longer. However, digital servos do suck more power and arn't recomended for AA packs so a Hump is recomended. I hope this helps and I would personally say yes they are worth it.

Very well said Larsen. The only other tiny advantage to digital servos is that you can set your fail safe permanently with your digital radios. You have to set the fail safe each time with analog servos.

Members online

No members online now.
Back