Thoughts on making a XL rollcage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvinesquirrel

Since the aftermarket is kind of sparse on roll cages for the XL i was curious about making my own.
How much does the average cage weigh? i obviously don't want to create a sled but i want my truck protected when i turtle it.

Thanks i'll be sure to take him into consideration when i am ready to get one.
i talked to the owner of my LHS and from what he has said there are downsides to having a cage on a truck. such as not being able to use the body which leaves the truck open to other such hazards that a body would protect. not that i would be running my savage into bushes and shrubs intentionally.
anyone have and pros and cons to help me choose the best setup for a basher not a racer. looking to make a bullet proof demon.

you could always buy wire loom holders and use them as brackets for sheetmetal for inbetween the bars on the cage. or you could modify the body to fit and have body pins welded to the cage. personally i just run the stock hpi one. it does its job, and the body fits over it.

i was a little skeptical about the HPI one included with the truck. seems like it would break after awhile. i guess since i already have it couldn't hurt to use it till it breaks.
The sheet metal idea is kinda cool. i don't want to weigh down my truck too much though.

The hpi one is the best one. it flexes a little. you can re-enforce it to make it stronger as per instructions on rcbasher.

Members online

No members online now.
Back