Thinking about do a mid tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikesavage

I have been thinking about the mid tank thing and have been really looking in to it and why It’s better. My questions are, Who makes a SET of lcg tvp's not extended either with the engine plate if needed and the different servo plate (preferably in carbon fiber) or aluminum that is 4mm or thicker with the right holes for the mid tank conversion and I would also like to mount the servo on the inside rather than have it hanging out, Id rather replace a $15 gas tank rather than a $100+ servo, but if I do mount it on the inside would the heat from the mill affect the servo at all to? What is my best hump pack and radio gear cover? Tank? And if I left anything out let me know and if all possible can I get part numbers please. Price or budget is not in issue also. Thanks in advance.

IKE

i got all my stuff from smf and if you wan C/F check out larsenracing he is a member on here. you can mount ur thottle servo beside the mill with out worrying about the heat damaging the servo. as for the hump pack and fuel tank it becomes a preferance thing. i like the ofna 125cc tank. i have the flm lcg tvp that are stock length that came with a new engine plate i think it was 56.00 for that i got the servo plate and it was like 10 something a set of servo mounts 7.00 ofna tank was i think 11.00 and i got the ofna linkage kit with a set of sliders maybe 10.00 for that. now on smf it has a spot for the mid tank mod parts and it should have wat ur looking for. also the flm are 4.7mm thick.

FLM makes the LCG TVPs. They have both Extended and non-extended. The non-extended version comes with the motor plate. PRC makes a carbon fiber servo plate for a mid-tank.
I highly recommend their 250cc OFNA tank. They also sell the tank. They sell everything you will need for a mid-tank (Servo plate, tank, servo mount, etc.)
How do you mean "mount it on the inside"? You can mount it both under the servo plate or on the TVPs. You will need the servo mounts like said above though.
I personally like the HPI Rush Battery Box with PRC's mount for my battery. I also like the RPM receiver box, but it hangs out on the side. Not sure if you would like that though.

TVPs: 49.99 (Via SMFstore)
Servo Plate: 34.80 (Via PRC)
OFNA tank: 14.49 (Via SMFstore)
Servo Mount: 14.98 for two (You will need two) (Via SMFstore)
HPI Rush battery box: 6.29 (Via SMFstore)
RPM receiver box 8:99 (Via SMFstore)
OFNA linkage kit: 7.29 (Via SMFstore)
OFNA sliders: 2.86 (2.79 for purple, lol.) (Via SMFstore)

So comes around $140. For that price, why not grab an aluminum steering link too? It's only $8.

Also, you can get a skid plate for $10.99. It's aluminum too.

Thanks do you happen to have any parts numbers for all that including the steering link too? already got the rpm skids.

RPM skid won't work on the LCG TVPs. RPM skid is curved for X TVPs. The LCG TVPs are straight flat.

TVP: FLM45200
Servo plate: PRC125
OFNA Tank: OFN19504
Servo Mount: FLM46000
Rush Box: HPIA349
Rush Box Mount: PRC180 for X, PRC181 for 21/25
RPM Box: RPM80052 for black, RPM80055 for blue
OFNA Linkage: OFN10724 for blue, OFN10725 for purple
OFNA Sliders: OFN10704 for blue, OFN10705 for purple
Steering Link: FLM48000
Skid plate: FLM45110

Latest posts