The temp in SAVAGE X 4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sky4max

hellooo

I got my SAVAGE X 4.6 and I did the break in, the car drive fine at 200F but it shutdown when I use the break, why ?

when I drive it at 150F the car shot down, is this fine ?
the car shot down when I give full throttle at temp less than 180F, why ?

I've the smoke coming out old the time

thank u

Hey, first , welcome to HPISF.

first off, how many tanks have you ran thru it thus far.
as of right now your running to rich, You need to lean it out a bit.
remember small incerments.and no 150f to 200f is too low a temp.
its not burrning the fuel off at that low of a temp.
you need to have you mill up to 230f-250f.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran about 5 tanks

so the temp have to be between 230-250 to burn the fuel otherwise the engine will turn off because the fuel is not burning

cooooool

thank you man that rely helped

After break in the engine is usually leaned out - this leads to an increase in rpm which tends to engage the clutch - what is usually happening is that when you hit the brakes the clutch is still hooked-up resulting in the engine stalling. I would get your carb leaned out first - mine seems to like to run between 250 and 260 - once you get your carb leaned then set your idle - remember the truck should not move at all at idle when its on the ground. Hope this helps.

ya that helped

as what i said I finished about 5 tanks, do u think the car still on breakin time ?

because I herd the break in takes a around a gallon.

What's the best fuel for it ?

I'm using Eliminator 20%Notr, 18% oil content

thanks

ya that helped

as what i said I finished about 5 tanks, do u think the car still on breakin time ?

because I herd the break in takes a around a gallon.

What's the best fuel for it ?

I'm using Eliminator 20%Notr, 18% oil content

thanks[/QUOTE
Hey, for starters, what was your break in method?
and as for fuel,I don't suggest anything but bryon's race blend 30%/11%.

I don't mean to threadjack:slapped:

I have a question pertaining to this exact situation.
Is a little smoke at full throttle fine? Is that what is supposed to happen?
Leaning out will reduce the smoke correct? So once I get it leaned out correctly, I can set set the idle?

Reason I ask is because I can't seem to get my truck not to want to pull/roll when it supposed to be setting still.

I am so glad I found this awesome forum, there is such a wealth of knowledge to be found here from you guys it's not even funny :)

PS. I forgot to mention..the other day after i had been running a while around the yard, up and down the street, etc. When I went to take the body off and do my after run maintenance, I could here a bubbling sound, like something boiling coming from somewhere, this alarmed me and I haven't had it back out since until I could pinpoint if there is a problem or if I am not running the truck at the optimal temp/tune. Is this normal or is there something I need to change?

hey,yes smoke at WOT is fine,as for your idle.
check your throttle trim on you remote. before you mess with idle on your carb.
i about beat my brains out, trying to get the idle right , only to find it was my trim on my remote.
as for the bubbling, what temp were you running at, when it started making the bubbling.

Ok I'll check that first...not sure on the temp, my buddy has the temp gun, I'll have to get it from him and monitor it, then I'll update ya.

Thanx for the response

hay

my truck is running very good now,

I run it in snowing weather with hot plug and the engine temp was around 100 and it was fine ( did not turn off )

so i find that the problem is in the plug, the old one was cold and the weather was kind of cold so the engine dose not like it at all this why it turn off when I stop giving it thru, and this is why I had hard time sitting the ids

I just bought Hitec 645mg because the HPT SF-2 broke and one of the lower arms ( running in cold snowing weather :)

thanks men

hay

my truck is running very good now,

I run it in snowing weather with hot plug and the engine temp was around 100 and it was fine ( did not turn off )

so i find that the problem is in the plug, the old one was cold and the weather was kind of cold so the engine dose not like it at all this why it turn off when I stop giving it thru, and this is why I had hard time sitting the ids

I just bought Hitec 645mg because the HPT SF-2 broke and one of the lower arms ( running in cold snowing weather :)

thanks men

100* is horrible for the engine, I'm sure its skewed cuz of the temp, but you gotta get that thing up there in the temp range. not too mention your performance will suck..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back