The savage X SS brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

these brakes are the coolest. I think they would workl better thatn the dual steel disks. there the fiber type material but very thick. I always have trouble with mine and Ive tryed different set ups. ive even glued the stupid pads to the shoes and they still rip off after a while. I'm thinking of gluing somekinda material not sure yet. Maybe a slipper clutch pad on both sides of the disk"s or somthin. Just have the shoe's be the brakes.

After you glued on the pads, did you have to get longer screws? Original part # Z282? Reason I asked is I just added pads to part # 87053 and the OEM screws just aren't long enough and I'm afraid they are going to back out too easily

well I had an old tranny case" stock plastic" and after a few brake jobs the screws did pop out. That is before I thought about changing the break system. I haven't done this brake mod yet but I am going to try something. I think moding your own car for some stuff is FUN. And I think that if and when you decide to get longer screws that you should try to use a size like 6-32 NC or 8-32 NC machine screw. Drill an 1/8 inch hole for 8-32 and a 7/64 drill for the 6-32 tap ( In plastic only ) if aluminum stay with 1/8 drill size for 6-32 the threads might be slightly loose but It will hold. 6-32 taps break really easy. Also use oil when tapping it just helps lubricate the cutting. I got tired of bending those 3MM top shock bolts so I drill out the upper shock tower and ran 8-32 socket head cap screws ( GRADE 8 ) and now there really super strong.

I like the idea for the shock screws I may have to try that one.

oh CrawlinClodKiller its one of the few bolt upgrades I've done. The savage is trully tough but those little guys.................What the Didnt get that one.Yeah Ive rolled on the street with out my body and these guys hold up real well.

Members online

Back