The Redcat Rampage TT5 Buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos

I know this is a savage forum and i do have savages but i also like other RC's..so at this years Bashfest another guy had this truck there and i bought it off him NIB..it is the Redcat Rampage and it is extremely durable for the way i like to bash and i see a great future for this company. The layout is very nice and easy to work on and so far parts have been extremely easy to get plus it is a 4x4 which was the selling point for me. I didn't like the stock motor which was a fuelie 23cc so i swapped it out for a DDM ported 29.5cc motor which really brought it to life..i guess it takes a little more to turn 3 diffs than just 1 like the Baja..here are the pitcures.

RampageTT001.jpg

RampageTT002.jpg

RampageTT003.jpg

RampageTT004.jpg

RampageTT005.jpg

and some pictures with the new motor installed and the Integy x-can pipe

RampageTT006.jpg

RampageTT007.jpg

The stock filter was junk, so i swtiched it over to the stock HPI filter, but it is rubbing so i will try the Volicity stack and filter today..

RampageTT008.jpg

in the video in this post you can see it idling never the beging of the vid then some short vids of it jumping later on in the video.

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8525

~Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
so far it has been awesome Jason..i am really impressed with it so far..there are some issues i guess with the pins in the dog bones falling out..but i haven't had that happen to me yet..i did go through the whole truck lately to see what damages i might be missing with my quick before run inspections...but it all seems good. I did have a shock come apart but all it was , was the cap came undone..so that was it so far.

a nice machine is a nice machine no matter what "brand" it is and that thing looks sweeeet!! and sounds like she should fly!!!!!

yep... i have to agree that i like the sound of the 4 x 4 vs 2wd.. man, that thing is huge which is kool in that enormous bashin' pit.. thanks for sharin' chaos..

The Rampages are pretty good vehicles with a few up-grades. I have drove the buggy more than the MT. Looks like your is doing well. Awesome !

Members online

Back