the rebuild after a rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dxtreme

well its been over 3 years since i've even driven my truck, and its about time i get back into it. well 3 years ago upon first rebuild was beefing up the motor mount plate by building one from scratch with a friend of mine. lost interest after that and now we're up to 3 years later. just ordered a new ofna .28 force w/ps,new alum clutch shoes,2002 dodge ram body and all the other goodies to get this beast running again. near future plans are as follows,

build roll cage from scratch out of 1/8 round tube,custom painted body by myself with assistance from my bro-in-law who is prepping the paint job. paint job will consist of wicked fastback green fading into wicked pearl black. on top of those colors we will be using a wicked blue pearl flames and a whole bunch of other things on the body. we will also integrate a triple smoke stack coming out of the hood.

this build shouldn't take long we already have the body cut out and I'm picking up the metal today. like i said all this will be done by either myself or my brother in law.

i do have to give props to mikey d on this forum for setting up the motor with the alum clutch shoes and cb for me. also for generously giving me a steel spur gear and like new exhaust.

once we start i'll start posting pictures. hoping to make some good progress on it this weekend and hopefully have this beast running by next weekend.

Glad i could help bro!! Be sure to check tightness of cb screw!!! Text me pics when you got it together.

i will do that first thing when i get the motor. how does everyone recomend doing the break in for the new motor? I'm gonna try and do the break in either tuesday or wednesday if not it will have to wait til saturday of next week

i would recommend the heat cycle method fill the tank up all the way lean both needles a little so the engine gets up to 220, for half a tank drive truck around varying rpms but never going full throttle when half a tank is achieved #### down at tdc and let it cool then fire it back up and do the same for a gallon or so .

idk why shut was censored or was they an added letter anyways thats my version of breaking in sorry if i wrote something bad

wow i didn't think a gal would be needed for the break in. what oild do you guys prefer. i would like to stay with 20%. i know my lsh sells traxxas,blue thunder,sidewinder and i think odonells

rule is no less than 10% oil and no more than 12% my fuel runs 8% oil but I'm running racing fuel lol stay away from traxxas and blue thunder and odonells rtr fuel if they carry odonells race fuel get that or the sidewinder race fuel

ok i'll check the sidewinder fuel or odonells i'll see what they carry first and see how much the oil % is in the fuel

I've always been a fan of Sidewinder fuels. I run 30/10. My touring cars .15 lasted for 7 years all stock, until I finally sold it, running sidewinder 20/10.

i think I'm gonna do the break in with traxxas so i get as much oil as i can just during break in and see how the motor takes to it. if i like the way it performs i might just stay with it

well parts are in now for the rebuild. i'll post up pics in the morning of the motor and exhaust pipe. i'll also post pics of the body with all the flames and designs on it. hopefully be painting it this weekend weather depending.

318739_10150277403447914_655237913_7881624_1250736512_n.jpg

303014_10150277403472914_655237913_7881625_1183276919_n.jpg

more pics will follow this weekend

296418_10150279254922914_655237913_7893321_602810497_n.jpg

i had the itch to get this beast installed today. I'm gonna try and polish the pipe before its finalized and gotta work up a exhaust mount for the new pipe as well. more pics hopefully this weekend and maybe some videos of break in. any suggestions on meshing the steel spur gear with the cb?

i tried that and it felt like the mesh was too tight but i don't want it loose. it spins freely and no grinding when you wiggle the spur and hold the cb you will hear the jingle between the two very very little.

I set mine up with just a small "tink" when holdind spur an moving cb! Urs sounds good!!!

well got the fuel,battery for ignitor,slipper pad for spur and now I'm waiting for battery to charge arg the waiting begins. this motor doesn't need a turbo plug does it? or any special plug i hope not. i have 2 os8 plugs

gotta love the smell of burning nitro in the morning. first tank is done. boy that motor didn't want to idle at first but i got it. temps never got above 200 and once i adjusted idle slightly got temps down to 170. waiting impatiently for next tank. I'm doing 1st tank sitting on jack stands at idle and next tank will be 1/4 throttle on and brake and repeat. 2nd will be 1/2 3rd will be 3/4 and 4 will be full but not allowing it to shift. i will probably do the 4th tank a few times before i let her fly and start doing my fine tuning. of course tuning the motor along the way.

well that didn't work the way i thought it would. anyone know how to post a vid on here from facebook?

well i got up to tank 4 and either my controller freaked for a sec or servo freaked and upon starting the truck it flipped over breaking my only glow plug ignitor. ordered a new one and will finish the break in this weekend

wow its been a few months since i updated this sorry. well got all the break in done and then of course the cold weather started rolling in. put the truck up and thats where I'm at now. still no paint roll cage is about 50 percent done and just warmer weather is the ticket now :). ordering some new glow plugs and gonna get this thing running. i have recently built my own battery pack out of 5 aa batteries and that made a huge difference in response on steering and throttle/brake.

Latest posts

Members online

Back