The k5.9 has arrived!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chase88

Just have to get her sealed up tonight. Then get her in the truck. Here are some pictures.

Yes please let us know your thoughts on the power bands along with how it tunes and all.

Videos would be very nice. I am also intrested in how much it was.

I spent $50 they where going to replace my old 4.6 for free,but at the time they were on back order. He asked,If I wanted a k5.9? I said how much! He said I'll give it to you for $50.I said hell yes can you ship it tonight! LOL

lucky man, I need a new engine, and now there nt even available, at least not till late may on towerhobbies.

I was considering picking one of these up but now i may just port and polish my stocker and run it until it blows up.

Chase88 will soon be a name known by all in the free world as being one of the first with this monster motor-for 50 bones no less!!
WTG! looking forward to your review!.

let us know what you use and how you seal it up.
I have the k5.9 as well.
thanks

Will the K5.9 fit in the older savages?? I have the last SS right before the X came out. Also How much are they going for and will the header and pipe work still??

The K5.9 will fit in any savage. The header on the other hand will need an extended chassis to fit in.

i ran against one last week an they are strong on the low end but seemed to run out of rpm at top end .

Well I called hpi and they said that it fits ALL older savages. Including the header and pipe the only thing you need is different gearing 52-16 and a different back plate for those of you who use the roto start the K 5.9 is going for 254.25 (part#15250) and the back plate for the roto start is 24.00 (part #87127)

Sorry guys for leaving you hanging. I have been sick with the flu since tues night. Well I went to start the motor today,and I'm having a little trouble.
I got it started and let it idle. Then shut it down to cool. When I went to start it for the second time,I pulled it and the piston stuck at the top of the stroke, so I pulled the head to look at the sleeve and the piston and all looks ok. When I turn the fly wheel by hand the piston sticks in the sleeve not quit at top dead center. I would figure I would ask here frist before I call HPI. I'm clue less. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Chase

well i cant help you with that but i hope you like haveing 6 munites to a tank i saw the xl run today and it isnt much better that a truck with a 2 1/2 inch stretch and a rb728 so anyways the rb would have been a better choice and at the same price, but i get the idea of hey lets test out the 5.9, but hey its only one persons thoughts, only one thing i ask of you is to keep us updated!!!

try heating the head up before starting with a heat gun,hairdryer,small butane torch,something like that to loosen up the sleeve if it still feels tight lossen up the glow plug a lil bit and re tighten when started

well i cant help you with that but i hope you like haveing 6 munites to a tank i saw the xl run today and it isnt much better that a truck with a 2 1/2 inch stretch and a rb728 so anyways the rb would have been a better choice and at the same price, but i get the idea of hey lets test out the 5.9, but hey its only one persons thoughts, only one thing i ask of you is to keep us updated!!!

well his was 50 dollars sir, so its actually 200$ more....not exactly pocket change, and I'm sure with a good tune, and a good driver its a way better engine....rbs blow nuts imo...

I don't understand why HPI would tell people to gear down to 16/52 when th e4.6 comes 17/47. Surely the 5.9 has more torque right? If not seems like a waste of an engine. The Axial/surefire .32 is a torque monster. The 5.9 looks to be the same breed. I would have suspected it to have 18/47 or higher ratio as the stock setting.

I was thinking the same thing about the gearing that 5.9 must not be to much on torque but power must be nutz but keep us posted and also good luck on the piston.

try heating the head up before starting with a heat gun,hairdryer,small butane torch,something like that to loosen up the sleeve if it still feels tight lossen up the glow plug a lil bit and re tighten when started

Do as windjammr said, only I wouldn't recommend any naked flames ! I always pre heat a new engine with a hair drier, even when it's had 5 - 6 tanks through it. Make sure it is really hot before you try and start it, you won't do any damage with a hair drier. Then I would strongly recommend you follow the heat cycle method for break in.

Members online

Back