The Fixxer's "Ground Pounder"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFixxer

100% Addict..There is no hope
Ha, ok, the only reason I named this truck Ground Pounder is because I would like to pound it into the ground. It's a Traxxas Revo 2.5 that has been converted to a 3.3. I hate this truck and it has been nothing but problems since day 1. It was a trade for a bunch of electronics I was going to get rid of. Since I am working on this truck and it is not done this will will be an updated build thread from time to time. The truck was recently torn down to the ground for a rebuild I just need to take pictures of it put back together.

The day I got it.

Partially reassembled

Almost all back together

Features:
  • 3.3 chassis
  • TRX 2.5R engine (has been sealed)
  • Losi 3.4 carb
  • Opti Drive for Reverse
  • RPM A-arms
  • FS-GT3C radio system
  • Duratrax failsafe
  • Dubro Fuel filter
Nothing else fancy about this rig and I am hesitant to throw much more money at it. It came into my possession with problems and I have never really been able to fix them. Sealing the motor has helped along with the Losi carb but I have problems with the optidrive, servo glitch, huge issue with torque steer, and notorious Traxxas wheel wobble.

sure is pretty looking tho, I have 0 exp with all that optidrive stuff, but I know my T Maxx is a beast for a small block rig. Good luck on the build

Lot's of love and time has gone into this damn thing and I am just not getting the love or time back out of it. Big pretty brick is what it is....lol.

My new savage is a turd, and the team associated rc10gt is one too.... at least now I have something my friends can drive. .... No one is driving my project except me.

The build looks good, and since you don't like it anyway- find a ramp that will shoot that thing twenty feet in the air! It's way more fun than just smashing it on the ground. Lol. I would get rid of reverse, always caused trouble on my revos. One other thing, my revos always had incredibly tight good steering, way better than any savage, maybe you have something else wrong.

Nice build though, its amazing how nice it looks aftter being so dirty and probably never cleaned.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back