The beast has been reborn!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samrsnow

AKA glue sniffer
After countless hours of wrenching ITS DONE!! WAHAHAHA!! minus a working engine :(

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

I'm waiting on some HPI big bores to come also....I hate waiting! :(

If you have any questions about the truck just ask.

wow sam, I'm impressed, truck looks killa +rep rockout

Last edited by a moderator:
looking good man, how did you like the one shocks setup with the other with no spring? i tryed it but seemed to soft for me.
i hate waiting for parts to! but it builds the suspense up.

A couple of things, first you should cut the tab that your not using off the servo horn so it doesnt hit the engine. Second the carb should be at an angle so that the linkage pulls the barrel straight not at an angle. That can cause binding, an issue you had already. Third why bread ties (first and second pic)??? I think you have a fetish. Those things rust and look terrible. Get some plastic zip ties at least.

Other than that its looking good. Might want to check that throttle servo wire. it looks loose and might get caught in the rear center dog bone.
Oh and use some of that Christmas $$ and get a hump pack and charger. Aside from just being easier to deal with, it will put a little more punch in the servos.

Bring that thing over and I can throw a rush box on the front and mount that switch in that tmaxx box. Also swap those phillips screws with some good ones. I also have zipties lol.

I will zip tie everything into place Jimmy. Don't worry i have my own. I also have a RPM box in the house somewhere...i lost it...i'm sure it will turn up...I'm fine with the screws i have also..I had to use some of the Phillips because the some of the FLM screws wouldn't go into the screw holes. I didn't want to force anything in.

I think I'll only need to get that rush box from you and thats it. Maybe a few other odds and ends.

I will zip tie everything into place Jimmy. Don't worry i have my own. I also have a RPM box in the house somewhere...i lost it...i'm sure it will turn up...I'm fine with the screws i have also..I had to use some of the Phillips because the some of the FLM screws wouldn't go into the screw holes. I didn't want to force anything in.

I think I'll only need to get that rush box from you and thats it. Maybe a few other odds and ends.

sure theres a thank you in there somewhere, I just cant find it.:lmao:

your lucky to have such a great freind like jimmy imo

truck needs some refining as Jimmy mentioned

looking sweeet! thanks for sharing!!!

I will say that the carb at that angle will be damaged in no time. The barrel has to be straight with the linkage so it can slip in and out with no binding, any slight angle is not a good idea. The rest of the truck looks good but your missing some screws I think.

Looking good sam. What mill are you gonna put in that Beast?

Thanks. I'm gonna put a sts .28 in it.

Purenitro, Thanks, Yeah i was missing some screws. But i put the ones i needed in there about 20 minutes ago so its all good.

And about the linkage, I'm having trouble trying to make the darn thing straight but it doesn't wanna corporate. Nothing seems to be binding but I'll check it again.

Nope go look at my thread all the answers you need are there look at fred's post I put what it should look like in his post

Nope go look at my thread all the answers you need are there look at fred's post I put what it should look like in his post

Sam, look at my before that bank put the red & green lines on & then the after where i fixed it. that is an extremely steep angle your sportin there buddy & its gonna stress your slide.
not a rib buddie, just want you to reap the bennies of my mistake :peace:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8612

sam cut this here and lose the bind aliment looks good now..

Then we will adress the brakes...

IMG_1011.jpg

getting there buddy! Now clip out the excess spring so the loops don't touch at full brake.

I don't see why i needed to cut the spring Justin. all the loops touch at full brake. I think its perfectly fine. If there is a problem with them "not touching" as you say. Then explain it s little to me. Otherwise this thing is done minus a mill.

Here are new pics with the RPM box and big bores.

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

Thanks for all the help you guys :resp:

Latest posts

Members online

Back