Temp Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike16150

Been away from Nitro for awhile due to work - just getting back into it and have a little problem.
I have a Savage X with extended chassis with an LRP Spec 3 .28, Ofna JP4, running 17/47 with a 3 speed and I can't get my temps below 300. I'm running Byrons Gen 2 30% with O'Donnell Purple Glow plugs. I have a nice stream of smoke from mid to wide open running and the glow plug doesn't look bad. I pulled the motor and pressurized it - I found a small leak on the front bearing but that was it, I also pressurized the fuel tank and it was sealed. If I try to richen the engine it seems to bog down. I'm about 4.5 turns from flush on the high speed and about 4 turns in on the low speed. Any idea's? Could it be a Carb issue?

Personally to me sounds like an air leak. I seal ALL my engines just to prevent it. If it has sat for a looong time (1-2years) with no after run oil I would break down the engine clean it up nice, rebuild the carb and set everything back to factory and retune. Other than that IDK, probably just a bad tune.

I ended up following the advice and broke the engine down - I replaced the front bearing since it was leaking and the problem went away.
Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back