Temp of my Axial .28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

I have a little more than a half of a gallon through my Axial and it runs great. I have it running rich, both high end and low end. My Axial likes to run very hot, by hot I mean 250-270. I know there are Nova heads that reduce the temp but should my motor be running that hot? Do I need to put a whole gallon through it until it cools down? It was broken in properly and runs fantastic, but I am concerned about the temp.

BTW- I run it with the body off because it runs even hotter with the body on.

what temp gauge r u useing ? try the spit test thats what I try I can't count on my temp gauge, It will run hotter durrning brake in my sts did the same thing it will be fine if u don't go over 280!

the .28 engines and above will run that little bit hotter so i wouldnt be worried.

as long as the performance is good and it doesnt go above 300 i wouldnt worry imo

300 ouch thats were my .25 runs I hate it but its no big deal its just the 25 .. it wont run at a lower temp for some reason I think its because of the crab its never tight !!!

what temp gauge r u useing ? try the spit test thats what I try I can't count on my temp gauge, It will run hotter durrning brake in my sts did the same thing it will be fine if u don't go over 280!

Whats the spit test?

put a drop of water on the head (or down in it by the plug) if it boils right away your too hot if it doesn't boil your too rich, it should take a few sec before it boils then u r ok, its curde but thats what I do when I think I need to. How does the engine sound did u have a look at the tuning vid ! in the main forum!!!!

put a drop of water on the head (or down in it by the plug) if it boils right away your too hot if it doesn't boil your too rich, it should take a few sec before it boils then u r ok, its curde but thats what I do when I think I need to. How does the engine sound did u have a look at the tuning vid ! in the main forum!!!!

HeHeHe, SJ not being full of myself but I know how to tune. I sounds fine and runs fine, nothing wrong at all. I just wanted to see if it was fine for my engine to be at those temps. I'll put more fuel through it and see what happens. I'll probably spring for a Nova head as well.

I learned a few things from that vid never said u didn't know how to tune

I learned a few things from that vid never said u didn't know how to tune

Yeah I wasn't trying to be rude, didn't want it to come off that way. Thanks for your help on explaining the spit test.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back