Temp gun's what do you use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShiftPoint

Hi,

I found my temp gun in the bottom of the washing machine. I tried to clean it up but the battery leaked and caused corrosion on the board. I haven't totally given up on it but if I can get it going don't know if I will trust it anyway. So I guess I am going to break down and get a new one.

What kind do you use, and would you recommend it?

thanks

I use the Axial Temp Gun. It has always worked well for me.
867_photo_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the OFNA temp gun

acc-tempgun-big.jpg

Gives you current read and hottest read on same screen.

I use a Raytek automotive-style temp gun. It was already in my tool inventory for the big cars, and I know it's accurate.

31ysBxXPEgL._AA280_.jpg

Thanks guys, I went with the Odonnells. It came down between the axial and it, I picked it cause I think I have a couple spare batteries that will fit it.

Any tips on using it or setting it up (what setting are you using) Pine?

Setting is pre-set at 100 E,I totally trust it! Use is very easy,design makes it best IMO to isolate the glow plug for measurement. And I also dig the back light screen.
Dave

Temperature Range: -27° to +428°F (-33° to +220°C)

O'Donnell's

i use the hpi racing temp gun!! it seems to be almost as accurate as the more expensive ones!! well it works ok for my needs anyway!!

Same, the HPI Gun helped me tune my savvy in and its really easy to use.

Measurement Range: -67 to 428 F
Accuracy: +/- 0.6 Degs
1 Second response time.

And its under 30 dollars.

:jamout:

Where do you point your TG? Do U stick it to top of the heat sink or point at the plug (which gives an inch or so space between them).

i use a duratrax one and it is right there with my snap on one i have at work,i like the duratrax cause it is small

Yes you point at the plug, the instructions on the odonells I just got says to try not to touch the motor at all cause it could throw off the readings.

Pine, I love that temp gun, thanks for the recomendation!!

What do people set the emmisitivity too? I have read 77 is correct for Anno and people are using that but the glow plug isn't anno.

Members online

Back