Tank covers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NITROMITE

my shock tower busted a hole in the back of my fuel tank and i was wondering what you guys think of the tank covers/guards. if you do like them witch brand? or is their something i can do to prevent the destruction of the fuel tank.

Mid tank :stickpoke:
they are expencive :pannedout: and i don't have a mid tank lean problem.

on another note the screws got turned arround when i busted my first tank, now i need to buy a third. The top of the shock tower was actually stuck inside my tank this time it busted a quarter size hole in the thing.

id learn how to jump or take up arts N crafts :stickpoke: :lmao:

ya! ya! i know! if ya land on all fours your tank wont break.lol.
So you guys don't like the protective tank covers? i guess tanks are cheep enough i could just keep acouple arround just incase my savage forgets how to jump again

some times they do it on 4 man... buy one more tank and your into if for the price of a mid...

some times they do it on 4 man... buy one more tank and your into if for the price of a mid...

OK you and alex seem determind on the mid tank mod! how much cash would it cost? don't you have to relocate everything up frount Battery, servo and such? and is it a pain?

go mid tank.... but for a fast cheap reliable fix...... use a piece of aluminum sheeting ... cut a small rectangle out .. big enough to cover the back of tank near the shock towers .. but have enough to bend a 90degree angle into it to fold up over the top of the tank slightly... use double sticky tape the foam kind.. works as a dampining marterial..then press the l shaped shield into place... done deal bolts cant penatrate the plate ... helps protect the tank drastically with out the added weight and gaudy guards you see out there...hope this fast fix helps .... but mid tank isnt that expensive really... just matter of relocating the throttle/break servo need extended tvp's or fab a way to add it to rear where full tank used to be....good luck happy bashn..

go mid tank.... but for a fast cheap reliable fix...... use a piece of aluminum sheeting ... cut a small rectangle out .. big enough to cover the back of tank near the shock towers .. but have enough to bend a 90degree angle into it to fold up over the top of the tank slightly... use double sticky tape the foam kind.. works as a dampining marterial..then press the l shaped shield into place... done deal bolts cant penatrate the plate ... helps protect the tank drastically with out the added weight and gaudy guards you see out there...hope this fast fix helps .... but mid tank isnt that expensive really... just matter of relocating the throttle/break servo need extended tvp's or fab a way to add it to rear where full tank used to be....good luck happy bashn..

thanks max I'm sure i will have questions as i do this mod

cut the extra screw threads off ya noob or go mid tank

i already turned the screws arround so they are sticking out the back of the truck, it was the shock tower and body post that lodged into my fuel tank..
And the mid tank is what we are talking about now..Thanks for the help, try to read the entire thread..

how long dose the noob thing stick arround?lol i have only ran rc for ten years of my life..at this rate ill be 60

if i remember correctly we were trying to refrain from calling people "noobs" as it insults some people,i realize your comment was all in fun but some people take real offence to being called a "noob"

Originally Posted by BIGDAN89

i was refering to big dan calling me a noob, Quote Him not me

Originally Posted by BIGDAN89

i was refering to big dan calling me a noob, Quote Him not me

yes i know that is what i was referring to actually. you had put a lol after it so i didnt think it was to big of a deal as far as you were concerned but others seem to really take offense thats what i was getting at some know its all in fun but some don't sorry for the misunderstanding my friend, i realize the "noob" comment wasnt yours!! i have "foot in mouth disease" at times lol so again sorry!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
noob don't bother me at all every ones a noob at something.lol i just didnt know if you seen the other post since you quoted me.. its all good, no need to be sorry.

noob don't bother me at all every ones a noob at something.lol i just didnt know if you seen the other post since you quoted me.. its all good, no need to be sorry.

thats what i've always said "we all have been a "noob" at some point in this hobby,i still am as I'm always learning new things........ lol

Well now that that is out of the way. I will make all the mid tank stuff for you asap and get it out to you.

sorry pope!! just didnt want him thinking i was ganging up on anyone!! lol sorry for the hijack

thanks pope and don't worrie about it Sad sack you dident hijack anything

Latest posts

Members online

Back