tamiya highlift

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny

I'm looking at getting a tamiya highlift and turn it into a crawler, but i don't know how to make it sit higher up and get more ground clearance and be able to stuff bigger tires under it so the diffs don't scrape. also ive seen how to lock up diffs for these things with epoxy but i don't know if i should lock both diffs or just the rear. also besides the tamiya highlift what is another good conversion truck for a crawler

to make it sit higher you might want to consider 4-linking it, also this will give you more articulation. instead of epoxy i would use jb weld, much more sturdy, and i would lock the rear first, and if it still aint going where you want it to go with 3 wheels spinning, lock the front.

other trucks could be a wheely king, axial ax-10, tlt.

look on www.rccrawler.com/forum
there is alot of cool stuff and pictures on there

I'm looking at getting a tamiya highlift and turn it into a crawler, but i don't know how to make it sit higher up and get more ground clearance and be able to stuff bigger tires under it so the diffs don't scrape. also ive seen how to lock up diffs for these things with epoxy but i don't know if i should lock both diffs or just the rear. also besides the tamiya highlift what is another good conversion truck for a crawler

there is a bolt you can run into the diffs to lock them. I'm going to be locking the rear only for now, but i have 4 wheel steering on it, so i may lock both diffs.

they sit pretty high but beefier tires help, and there is a company that makes a lift kit for it, although its not a 4 link kit, just shackles and mounting brackets for the shocks.

pm me or mega if you have questions about them.

Latest posts

Members online

Back