Take a look at what Castle has!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bankrupter

monstermotors-1.jpg

15-series.jpg
17-series.jpg

address_plate.jpg

snake-700.png

Check it out at
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/neu-castle_motors.html

I think less Kv equals less rpm's per volt, but would a motor like that then have more torque?

Yep

"Castle Creations' 1717 1580kv motor is great for Monster truck, truggy, and muggy applications. Higher torque and lower RPM than the 1515."

Neu-Castle 1515 1Y 2200kv motor is made for up to 6s Monster trucks.

1580kV x 22.2v (6s) = 35,076 rpm
2200kV x 22.2v (6s) = 48,840 rpm

the lower kV motor would be a good choice if you want a powerful beast with a bit more control.

would be a great choice if youre a noob & you just drop in 6s, use the trigger like a light switch and wonder why you keep shredding truck parts https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12739

good thread Bankrupter.

umm, yeah, theres 6 motor choices on that page & i obviously dint mean 2200kV in a 4 # blitz noob.
I don't see one on that page for a 1/10th scale plastic truck.

The page had them all but the 2200 at 16.8 when I made this thread...

Last edited by a moderator:
any of these motors that can run any thing above 6s

no sudi, the way you can tell is to look at the chart where it says 'Max Input Volts'.

all but 1 are 25.2v. 6s is is gonna be 22.2v, but your packs will most likely charge a bit higher v than that so 6s will likely push the limit of that 25v maximum. :skull2:

The 1717 is probably rated for more rpm. going by the specs of the bearings and magnet quality its probably good to near 70,000rpm.

BUT since its intended to be run with the Mamba monster, they limit the voltage to suit the esc.

No, but the entire 1500 series has he same case diameter and all come with a 5MM pinion, so if you can find an ESC to handle the voltage, and you can get a suspension to hold the weight, and you can get a driveline to hold the power, you could get a 1527 3Y, and run 140V at 420kv...

not sure you'd wanna go higher than 6s if you could:
1. have you seen what 6s does to a savage.
2. packs larger than 3s get HUGE in a hurry (heavy also).

you'd be paying for more voltage that would make your truck run/look/handle worse.

:hungry frog:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back