Symptoms of air leaks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazer X

My new axial .32 is having some issues. The idle is very erratic and I cant get it leaned out without it wanting to get hot. I have alittle over a quart of 30 percent in the engine and i am running a mc9 plug. The idle will go up and down even if i am holding the carb slide with my finger. I have tried two different gas tanks with new fuel lines. I have not been able to get ahold of axial yet but I am afraid that I will or already have damaged the engine. Any ideas would be appreciated.

AIR LEAKS.....take the motor out and check for them......might be new but its an air leak. check your needles, backplate, everything. Use soap and water and blow into it blocking off air spots like the exaust and such and use a sponge to dap the soap and water on areas and if you see bubbles you have a leak..

I had similar issues with my Axial .28 not as bad as yours though. My temps were way up so I sealed it. Haven't had a chance to run it after sealing it but I will let you know if it fixed my problems.

I will tear it down this weekend, I've never had a nitro engine with an air leak so this is new territory for me, I'll follow jts' post. Do you just blow air through to carb with your mouth? Thanks for the input guys

I would cove the crab w/ your thumb and use some fule line to blow in... then u can c where the leake is comming from, might help if u can get someone to look for you as well , good luck keep us posted

Here's an old trick. Take a balloon blow it up and tape it around the carb opening. If the air leaks out you have a leak. Seal the HSN, carb intake and back plate. Make sure your head bolts are tight and you don't have debree under the glow plug and washer, should help you find where your prob is. Did this to my CMB and RB.

Easy trick for testing

]-[0pa]0ng;18866 said:
Here's an old trick. Take a balloon blow it up and tape it around the carb opening. If the air leaks out you have a leak. Seal the HSN, carb intake and back plate. Make sure your head bolts are tight and you don't have debree under the glow plug and washer, should help you find where your prob is. Did this to my CMB and RB.

Easy trick for testing

I like that idea easy enough.

No engine

Well to follow up on the problems, it did have an air leak at back of engine and carb. I called axial and they said send it back and they will fix it or replace it. I guess I will find out?:dunno:

See I was going to but he just said mail it back like I got it. I look at it like this, I paid good money for it and it wasn't right and he didn't argue. Plus I got another savy to pound on while I wait....:jamout:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back