Switching to pull start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-SaVaGe X-

well i lost all my screws off of my roto start backplate while i was driving and I'm having trouble finds replacement screws sooo i was thinking that i should just buy a pullstart assembly. is this a good idea? or should i keep hunting for the screws?? and if i do buy the pullstart assembly is their anything i should know? like what is the proper way to use it or anything like that??

let me know because i have no idea. (noob)

This should be the right part number for you z423 go to your lhs and give them that part number. If they do not have them then go to towerhobbies.com and type in that part number and you can order them from their.

If you do get the pullstart just don't pull the cord out too far, use quick short pulls. The pull start may kill you hands at first but I prefer the pull over roto any day. BTW Anything metal to metal on your truck use thread lock! Even the roto screws.

If you do get the pullstart just don't pull the cord out too far, use quick short pulls. The pull start may kill you hands at first but I prefer the pull over roto any day. BTW Anything metal to metal on your truck use thread lock! Even the roto screws.

lol yea i no that now.. i learned the hard way.

You don't really need the part number. This is what is important. "Cap Head Screw M2.6x12mm" Just tell your lhs this info, and they'll be able to get you some screws.

I like the pullstart, but my OWB slips every couple of pulls and I have cleaned it, sanded it lightly just enough to rough it up so it could grip some......still slips......thats the only reason I like the roto start

I had the worst luck with pull starts. It isn't the OWB that was the problem. The bearing on the back of the engine leaked or something and lubed that shaft the OWB connects to.

I think the rotostarts are a pain in the ess too though. If I wanted to charge batteries to run my truck, I would have gotten electric.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back