switching servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grtrnd1

My brakes arent' the best,, I had a friend who bought a high torque servo and solved his brake problems,, I was wandering if anyone has ever switched the steering and brake servos around and got better brake performance. I have the dual red fiber brakes, and the truck is brand new,, I don't understand the problem.

actually buddy your on the right track lol!! grab yourself the hitec 645mg servo ($30.00) and put that on your steering and move the servo that was on your steering to your throttle-brake believe me the steering already suffers from lack of servo power due to the weight so putting on a weaker servo might help your brakes but they wont help ya alot alot if ya cant steer lol

Thanks, I figured the steering wouldnt be better. I was mainly wanting to verify that my brakes would be better with a higher torque servo. It did help alot, but I need a higher torque servo for steering. thanks again.

That servo wont take much abuse either. Change it for a metal geared servo right away. The Hitec HS 645MG is a great servo for the price.

Servo helps, I also switched to the HPI dual disk stainless set and it made a difference as well. Also, some adjustments will do wonders as my X out of the box wouldn't stop within 10 feet, 20 at top speed!!!

There are several things you can do to increase the brakes. The cheapest and easiest is to replace the spring on the brake rod with a 2" piece of fuel tubing.

2nd would be replacing the AA's with a humpack Ni-Cad battery.

3rd would be the OFNA throttle/brake linkage mod.

4th would be replacing the servo with a high torque one. A lot of people (including myself) replace the steering servo and move the old steering servo (the stock steering servo is better than the stock throttle servo) and use it for the throttle/brake.

At this point your brakes will be as strong as you want them to be. The dual disk setup is great.

Members online

No members online now.
Back