Switched to 30% - vid / pic...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiteRida

Basher in training...
Well, after consultation with an expert... We changed over to 30% from 20% (both O'Donnells). Wow. What a difference. It's 30% from here on out.

Shortly after the initial outing my son blew out 2nd gear. I don't exactly contribute this to the fuel change. This transmission has been in service since June 2006 without any issues. Pulled out the center section and installed the spare.

This is an original X (4.1), but now with a F4.6. Gearing is 15/49.

Here's a vid of me beating on my son's Savage..... "I need to check the transmission to make sure it's set OK..."...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3EbyhsovMA

Of all the things we've broken, this is the first transmission failure of any kind.

2nd_gear.jpg

Sorry about the trans gear glad you had a spare. Its always great to see a father and son bonding wrenching on a car no matter the size.

I'm not sure if its a coincedence but i had the exact same gear failure after i switched to 30% byrons

That engine is flying big time. To bad about the tranny.

man your trucks screamin in that video, looks like its running awsome!!!

Thanks. It definitely runs strong. It was running 15/49 gearing with a polished HPI pipe. A combination that most would'nt think would be fast.

I can't imagine how a more exotic motor would run. I've only run the F4.1, K4.6, and now F4.6. I've spent a little time messing with a friends STS30 (old version). The STS30 is fast, but not worth the trouble over the HPI motors I have..

Latest posts

Members online

Back