Swap a .21 to a .28 in an older Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h0tr0d18

I have an older Savage, not sure what the specs were on it stock as I got it used and it was modded already. The guy I got it from was in the racing community in Edmonton but I lost his contact info. The rear end of the engine ended coming apart from vibration or something and the pin for the rotostart to engage in the connecting rod let go and made a mess of things down there. I went out and bought a nice Axial .28, problem is it doesn't fit in there, the holes for the engine don't line up and the clutch bell is interfering with the spur gear. Is there different base plates or pedestals available for different engines or am I stuck having to fabricate something myself?

Thanks guys, if my terminology is wrong please forgive me as I am new to these things.

Alright, I'll dig into it a little better and see what I can find out. Maybe I'll snap a couple pics tonight and post them up, who knows, maybe I got some wonkieness going on lol

Just a quick update. I got the thing together and running. Seems it had a thicker flywheel. I bought a HPI clutch kit and it fit together no problem. The thicker flywheel must have been a Hotbodies like the engine or something or I had some Bastard clutch.

Latest posts

Members online

Back