Suspension Conversion Kit - I HATE IT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far my shopping list is:

a) Steering servo
b) 2.4 Ghz radio
c) Big bore shocks
d) new knuckles if this doesnt fix it.
e) Three new gear sets for my Traxxas 2075 to put back in my T-maxx :p

Bought my servo. It was $120 plus tax. I installed it. I LOVED it!!

..For the 5 minutes my car ran. My tires were real loose so I tightened them up and they were still loose, so I tightened the center nut a bit because it seemed loose. I must have tightened it too loose cause then it wouldnt rotate well. So I took it off and there seems to be a pin missing.... I tried taking the other one off to see if the pin was in that one, and I cant even get it off. Here's pictures... Also, as you can see, the "steering stop" was grinded off.

Grinded off...
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/wherryd/DSC03355.jpg

The nut is off but I still cant get the wheel hex off...
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/wherryd/DSC03354.jpg

Missing pin?
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/wherryd/DSC03353.jpg

Grinded off also.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/wherryd/DSC03352.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone edit that and take the IMG tags off. For some reason it didnt resize..

Taken care of!!

Can anyone give me an information regarding my pictures?

Every time I think I'm caught up and am finally able to drive the car, something else breaks. I'm getting so frustrated with it I want to just throw it away!

Lol... I make up a new pin, fits nicely, works nicely. Install it. Check over the entire car to make sure it's good. Start her up. Take her for a lap and a half around the yard (Not a big yard). Used right turns. Both left wheels fall off.... the lock nuts apparently were worn out. I managed to find the pin (don't ask me how).

Now to buy new lock nuts.

Took some off my un-useable t-maxx. Lock tited them also. Drove it for about 5 minutes... now my brake linkage fell off. I lost the tubing, the washer, and the nut/knob on the end..

Ok lil feed back .. That was version 1 and should not have been ground :( ... you had the good one.

Sorry it took me a bit to reply I have not been around lately

Took some off my un-useable t-maxx. Lock tited them also. Drove it for about 5 minutes... now my brake linkage fell off. I lost the tubing, the washer, and the nut/knob on the end..
Is this truck used ???

Ok lil feed back .. That was version 1 and should not have been ground :( ... you had the good one.

Sorry it took me a bit to reply I have not been around lately

Is this truck used ???

The guy that had it before me bought it and it was a shelf queen. The engine was never run. He took the servos out.

On the plus side, I got it fixed. Oddly, the knob that goes on the end of the brake linkage, is part of the the shock accessory set. Anyways, I got it all on there, put a piece of fuel tubing on there and it was good to go.

I started her up and drove her around a bit. Got her nice and warmed up. Did some tuning. Watched as it improved. I ran about 2 tanks in her and her performance seemed to be where it should be. When I make a WOT pass, afterwords the idle seems to kick up and then return to normal. I've heard two takes on this:
1) Because I've only ran about 8 or 9 thanks through it, it's still breaking in and this is common.

2) My HSN is set too lean.

However with 2), it does it even at factory settings and I can see by smoke and performance that it is WAY too rich.

After tuning a bit, I think I have it where it should be. It seems to be just on the rich side, but it still performs well. It will do a wheelie and flip itself right on it's back.

I also noticed the idiot who put the tires on the rims did it incorrectly. That, or this rim is off balance or something. Because when it rotates it looks like the wheel isn't centered.

Everything FINALLY seems alright. :)

well i do believe i could be wrong but the 5755 is for 5th scale stuff and i don't think will fit in the savage radio box. so i would go with the second one the 5805.

Get the 7955tg it is awesome but u will have to get a HD servo save spring

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back