Supercharger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that [hs]darkshire runs one. Mega had one on his truck, here is a pic of his truck.
IM000007.jpg

Might want to search the forum for superchargers as I know it's been talked about.

I've done both individually and together. Neither one is worth the cost. The do improve the performance but not enough for me to warrant the cost. But that is just me. Look at my album for more pics. I have a few with the nitrous and sc.

In order for either to work you would need to do major motor work. All the ports in the sleeve need to be larger. More fuel needs to get in. When you do those mods on a 1:1 you have add more fuel to the mix to prevent detonation. Same type of thing here. If you made the ports the right size, it should in theory have a huge effect on performance. I haven't seen anyone try it though.

as for me i'll buy a modded motor that will do the same thing for the same or less cost.

The day when they start using Superchargers or NoS in racing is when i will believe that it works...

superchargers and NO2 do work but not enough to warrant the cost.

Na been there and done that. Have run both and the wow factor wasn't there. but an sc and NO2 on a 22lb truck did move a little quicker.
If this thread starts to get stupid I will shut it down. As said been there done that. First I will say a few people here do use them and love them. Me I wasn't satisfied. The only thing I can say for sure is the ones that do and have used them have practical experience on there side not theory and here say. I got the stuff to see if it worked. It does and that was that but $200+ dollars doesn't warrant the amount of performance increase you get.
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i85/megair/rc/?action=view&current=savage2.flv
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i85/megair/rc/?action=view&current=savage.flv
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i85/megair/rc/?action=view&current=IM000738.flv

I think the performance increase you saw was just the SC leaning your mix out more. I can't see enough from that vid to say alot nor do i know your truck but there does not seem to be much blue smoke comming from it - nothing we could really call a trail, really looks like its running lean, not lean enough to stall just a bit in the red zone.

That was last summer when i did those. I think my temps hit 260 on the high speed video camera run. Actually I was fat on the bottom. thing about the sc it makes you run fat on the bottom and didn't feel like messing with the lsn. had smoke just hard to see.

I have done some research on them, and there was a large post on RCCA and about 90% of the users said they were too much trouble/too expensive and not that much of a performance adv. I personally contacted RB innovations a few times about sponsoring the digger event and they did not bite. This shows me that they are afraid to show off their goods to the world. I'd say go with the more conventional mods.

Like I said to much money for what little bang you get. They are a pain to tune also. The NO2 was better but after the small nitrous explosion( blew the header and pipe off the CEN .46). I said the heck with it. But I will say If you want to try it Luner I will send the SC to you and you can go for it.

hell no! my mill's running good, not going to mess with it. Had a buddy who had one, no end of tuning problems, tune was erratic and would shift even when it was dialed in i couldn't see a performance gain, when we pulled it off the tuning was fine so wasn't a leaky carb or anything.

I will say it held a tune better on the f4.1 than the sure fire or the hpi4.6. HS has one on a .25 and he loves it. But i got the sts.30 and love it the way it is. I did do some of the mods that you did. gave the dremal a workout. I'm going to put the new era savage back together and either going to do to sts.28s or 2 fs.52 4 strokes not sure which. This Beast with twin fours will be cool.https://www.hpisavageforum.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IM000845.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back