Sundays Race - Lots of photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M0rphin3

Aight guys thought i would upload some photos of this sundays race at my LHS, will give a short description of everything important.. lol..

Got at the track 2 hours before races started wanted to test out the new suspension setup ( CPV knuckles I installed and i changed piston and oils in the big bores)

Went out on the track and the truck was doing everything i wanted it to, new suspension setup was working great, went through about 4 tanks practicing and towards the last tank i stripped the gears in the 5645 steering servo.
The MT class is the first heat, and there were only actually 3 MT's another savage, me, and a Brushless E-Revo, so they added the 4wd 1/10's with us, that added another 6 trucks. So at this point i have about 20 mins to swap the 645 on throttle/brake to steering and put the old SF-2 on the throttle. So i start wrenching and get it all completed with about 2 mins to spare. Well while i was wrenching I didnt notice they watered down the track.. NOT SO GOOD NEWS.. lol I practiced for almost 2 hours on a dry track and had the suspension tuned to it.. o well, will have to compensate. First heat It took me about 3 laps to get used to the now muddy track, and ended up with a 4th place finish. Wasnt sure if they would wet the track down again before my next heat, so i left the suspension alone.
The second heat i was running in 2nd against the E-Revo when tried to take him on a inside turn and rolled when he clipped me, truck wasnt running right after the turn marshal put me back on my wheels, did about 3/4th of a lap and truck decides to just die at WOT, so now I'm out of that race, but still ended with a 6th place time lol. Went to the pits and got the truck started again, still wasnt running right couldnt figure it out, decided to check the slippers and noticed that the bottom of the air filter was covered in nitro, guessing that on my little roll over the filter pinched the fuel hose from the tank and cause a tear, hence causing the filter to be covered and causing an air leak.. got all of that sorted out for the final heat, truck was running strong and was running in 2nd after 2 laps, kept my pace up the whole time during this heat, but after each lap i was dropping positions like crazy, (they announce your time and position after each lap) and then i noticed they werent announcing me anymore, so i finished that race and went down to them and asked what my best lap time was and she said well out of 2 laps your best was 38 secounds, I asked 2 laps? i finished the whole race, atleast 10 laps, she asked me to bring her the transponder and she tested it.. DEAD... lol so it stopped working after my 2nd lap :( .. o well..

Ok enough of me rambling, here are some of the photos from the race, we took my 7 year old niece with us and she was "In charge" of the camera lol.. enjoy

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

Those pics rock! Some days are better than others! At least you got your truck up and running. Go back next week and do it all over again!:rock:

Thanks guys, ya I'm planning on racin again this sunday, weather isnt looking good tho so ill have to wait till later in the week before i know for sure, reguardless of all the misshaps i have had over the last 5 weeks racin, its still a blast and i wouldnt want it to go any other way :)

Sweet pics and that is a awesome track!!! Thanks for sharing MOrphin.. :rock1:

Latest posts

Members online

Back