Summit body on the Flux.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayOhh

I need a new body for my truck.

I was wondering what it would take to make the Summit-body fit. Not because of looks, but because I think the plastic cage would add some much needed protection.

Not really keen on spending $50-$100 on a new body which will be destroyed after a couple of bash-sessions.

So if anyone has done it, I'd like some closeups of how you mounted it. No local hobbyshops around here, so I need to order everything online.

while I am sure it will fit, in reality any decent shell that is .040 or .060 will work just fine and last quite awhile especially if you reinforce certain areas with some shoo goo or goop.... for what you are going to pay for a sumitt shell and the cage you could most likely buy a couple decent shells....

I'm pretty new to this, so let me know if I'm wrong. But I've seen original summit-bodies with the cage for around $50-$55 on ebay. I recon if I buy a clear body and a couple of cans of paint, I'm already on the same $. And I'll still have to cut it and paint it myself, and I won't get the cage.

Don't get me wrong, I like messing around with stuff like that. So I would love to paint and make a really cool body, but for bashing, its just not worth the time for me...

I have seen a proline apocalypse body on a savage before, I'm not sure what fitment issues there were but it can be done.

Every body is going to get beat up though. I'm with jam, I think you would be ahead to buy a couple cheaper bodies rather than paying for a summit body and cage.

Latest posts

Members online

Back