Stupid questions, I know.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvergagt04

Ok, I have 2 stupid questions. First, what is the fastest you think you can get a Savage?(TOP SPEED) I know they aren't made to fly, and I have a TC3that flys so I am just looking for something different that flys.. Second, how light do you think you can get a savage down to? (keeping in mind that it wouldnt see air time)

I have a eight point five pound savage that is as light as I have heard of.

as far as speed , I have heard of modifying a revo spur gear to fit savy for more top end. you may have to dremel your TVP`s to accommodate the large gearing

I have a eight point five pound savage that is as light as I have heard of.

as far as speed , I have heard of modifying a revo spur gear to fit savy for more top end. you may have to dremel your TVP`s to accommodate the large gearing

actually bud the Revo spur is smaller than the Savage spurs (less teeth, higher speed, smaller diameter) so it actually fits easier...

yep thats right smaller you go the faster you go, and i know that my stock 25 is 12 pounds soooo just a starter for you on how much you can lighten things

Crash...post a pic and spec/stat list of your 8.5 pounder for us...I'm trying to thin my Racer down to a competitive race weight, despite most everyone saying it's impractical, if not impossible...

yep thats right smaller you go the faster you go

Or go bigger on the CB for more speed. But not all combinations work.

Put Goliath or Phaltline tires on it too. Larger diameter, they are also wider and lower profile making them more stable at higher speeds.

Crash...post a pic and spec/stat list of your 8.5 pounder for us...I'm trying to thin my Racer down to a competitive race weight, despite most everyone saying it's impractical, if not impossible...

Its in my signature / I will wiegh the truck again.

I went back and weighed my savy,

did I say 8.5?

I meant 10.5

sorry

as Mrs. Clinton said " I misspoke."

Latest posts

Members online

Back