Stumped

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judicator

My buddy and I are stumped on this problem.. Before the pics tho... We have:
1: measured the CVD's they are the right length
2: Measured the A-Arms, they are fine
3: Tried a total different Diff from a HF that is fine, and the problem was still there.
4: Checked the Camber its actuall -3.5 which is to much IMO

So I at a loss of why(look at the front of the truggy) right side cvd keeps popping out of the CVD, and the left side is perfectly fine. On another note if you can figure this problem out for me. Is on my personal HF the CVD's sit futher in the cups better than this truggy. Here are the Pics:

Left: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk73/Teksha/utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDMtMjAxMDA2MTUtMTQwM.jpg

Right: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk73/Teksha/utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDQtMjAxMDA2MTUtMTQwM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like the "droop" isnt set right... there's a little set screw in the arm, screw that in till the pin sits in the middle of the cup.

Ahh yes the droop.... in order to get that to sit OK in the cup then the screw is set waaaaaaaaaaay down. On another note.. both these HF's are set up identical. Mine doesnt have any droop screws.. where as this one has only the right side. My main objective here is to figure out what is wrong. I have ran out of ideas

on MY hellfire they were torn up got new ones... this is mandy's HF.. dubs are to spec length wise

Can you take a picture showing the whole front end of the truck. They definitely shouldnt be sitting that far out. Mine sit much deeper in the cups

How far out are your droop screws?

I don't understand. My HF is set up the same way and my shafts sit much deeper in the cups. What are the shock shaft lengths compared to your other HF?

If the shock shafts are longer then it would let it droop more. If everything else is the same thats all I can think of that might be different.

Btw I fixed this... the diff had to much play IN the bulkhead so I shimmed it. CVD's dontsit in as far as my person HF but the wont pop out of the cup now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back