STS engine people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

votefordurden2008

I found this link somehow on google a few weeks ago and it has came to my attention not many people here know about it. So here it be! Good basic STS info and guidelines.

http://www.stsrc.com.tw/faq.php

Just click up on the .28+ link at the top for some more info.

I have both that one from hop comes with the sts engine but does this sound right ??????Q: What is the factory setting for STS engines?

A: The suggested setting to start with is around;
High Speed needle -- 4 turns out from the end
Low Speed needle -- 4 turns out from the end
Mid Range needle -- Flush with the housing
Idle -- 0.5mm open
.21-.30
LSN -- 4.5 turns out from the end
HSN -- 3 turns out from the end
Idle -- 0.5mm open
Please keep the engine temp. not higher than 120C/248F.

I reset my settings back to factory and it seemed to lean I ran good at allmost 4 turns out mabey thats just me tho

3 turns out from end? is that from the needle completely out or closed? IDK.........

Iam sure its from colsed but who knows anyone????????

Well yesterday i got my sts. We started it up and well it appeared to be running hella rich kind alike a fuel waterfall :). so i checked the site and we counted the screws in. was what they said were factory settings. so we wound em back out from fully closed. so i guess tis from fully closed to back out.

then i busted my pull start

Ah i busted my ps twice and put the roto start on mine and go in at an angle......

Logs: When breaking in an engine especially one that size are you using a heat gun to get the crank case and sleeve up to around 200. Break in w/ PS w/ that much compression will snap any PS. Do this for at least a gallon or close to it. Most folks don't use heat guns and there for goes all problems.

Well yesterday i got my sts. We started it up and well it appeared to be running hella rich kind alike a fuel waterfall :). so i checked the site and we counted the screws in. was what they said were factory settings. so we wound em back out from fully closed. so i guess tis from fully closed to back out.

then i busted my pull start

allready busted your ps WOW thats a bummer can u fix it

mine had held up so far

turned out to be faulty plasitc inside pull start the cord ripped through it
hobby guy replaced it

Latest posts

Members online

Back