WTB STS engine parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are only 2 different sizes of pullstart or rotostart. Measuring across the screw fixings they are either 27mm or 32mm where they mount to the motor back plate.
Problem is that it is that the starter shaft and backplate seem to be proprietary. The shaft end is smooth on two sides only, every other one I’ve seen is hex style. I’m not sure if there is another shaft that could be the same size. I could be wrong about the backplate too

this is the one way set up. I don’t believe I can get away with say an SH style backplate with the way the one way works, the pin is on the bearing not the crank. correct me if I’m wrong. I cannot find a backplate that looks similar to this at all that would accept the one way bearing. If I can use an SH or similar backplate and a hex end style shaft that’d be great, I have no test dummy besides an Alpha now though.

195D8EE2-EEFF-4F95-A023-A19DE0ABBFCA.png

You could try a starter shaft from an SH engine, not sure if it would work, looks like it might. Put a couple of these shafts in a couple of my K5.9 mills to allow the use of a standard 12mm hex Rotostart as the original shaft required an 11mm pull/rotostart which has been discontinued for some years now.

1709383566130.jpeg1709383592875.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Back