STS D30M break in differ from others???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

necromaster

Hi guys, i just get my STS D30M today. I choose it since i read around here its 1 of the best for your buck mill. I'm fully aware and read a lot from Defiantz, Jeremy and others thread bout this mill.

Anyway, here is my problems. I read the break in manual procedure and i find it different from what ppl usually do. I dunno if this is the correct one for this engine. Can someone help me on this? They say open full throttle during break in.. I'm noob in break in..

I quote it form here http://www.stsrc.com.tw/readme-20.aspx please check no 3..

1.Install a new glow-plug. Hotter rated plugs will be better for the rich settings used during break-in. Turbo head button needs conical type glow-plug. Choice hot glow-plug for break-in then you won't have problem.Please increase 0.1mm of head shim.

2. Use high castor oil(12% or above) and low nitro rated glow fuel, 5%~15% nitro is best. Make sure the fuel is fresh and high quality special blending for R/C model car.

==>3.Start by counter-clockwise turning the high speed needle 1 full turn. Open the carburetor to full throttle and hold it there. Turn counter-clockwise the high speed needle until the engine flames out. From here, turn clockwise the high speed needle ¼ turn and restart the engine again running it at full throttle. Run the engine full throttle for 1 tank and shut the engine down. Allow the engine to cool for 15-30 minutes. Once the engine has cooled down, run through the same process again for the second tank. On the second tank close the high speed needle by ¼ of a clockwise turn. Instead of holding the engine at full throttle, start using the throttle by doing 2-3 times bursts of full throttle. Once you have done this for every 1/4 tank, close the high speed needle another ¼ of a turn and continue throttling the engine. Continue closing the high speed needle ¼ turn per every 1/4 tank of fuel. Do this until you have run a grand total of 2 tanks through your engine and then shut the engine down. Allow the engine to cool for 15-30 minutes and then you are ready to hit the race track. Drive two tanks rich around the track slowly closing the high speed needle sneaking up on that perfect mixture.

you can also refer to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdvB83rTSyc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enaZsghBO7k

Good luck with it regardless of your break-in procedure. If it's the V2 version, then you will get it to loosen up at about 2 gallons. My V2 was still way tight at 1 gallon, ran hot, and wouldn't run well at all (yes I know how to tune).

Hope it goes well for you.

Good luck with it regardless of your break-in procedure. If it's the V2 version, then you will get it to loosen up at about 2 gallons. My V2 was still way tight at 1 gallon, ran hot, and wouldn't run well at all (yes I know how to tune).

Hope it goes well for you.

thanks NiteRida, i c... so, any kind of break in should ok? then i will not try this 1. looks kind of strange to open full throttle in the beginning.. :duh:

I would not run it full throttle and super rich, that would just promote crank pin failure which they suffer from, we threw 5 or so pins on the engines we tested (my r&d guy and I) the V1's were awesome for the price but the V2's were pinched just a little too tight. If it's not loose at a gallon I say just lean it out and enjoy it while it last's.

I would not run it full throttle and super rich, that would just promote crank pin failure which they suffer from, we threw 5 or so pins on the engines we tested (my r&d guy and I) the V1's were awesome for the price but the V2's were pinched just a little too tight. If it's not loose at a gallon I say just lean it out and enjoy it while it last's.

mine is V2 and yes, the pinch is too tight. i've not yet break it in because i need opinion from you guys. thanks purenitro. glad to have your advice. :resp:

Members online

No members online now.
Back