sts .30 turbo engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IamSavage

:Mr.confused:eek:k guys have a question i have a sts .30 turbo engine just finished running her in and starting to tune anyway the problem is there is 3 jets witch i had on my last engine

the question is the following

low jet dose low down the high jet dose your top mix i know the other one is for mid but is an air screw of fuel

the reason for asking is with the jets set in factory setting and i turn the high jet in my 1/8 every turn do some runs it runs well but then i want to have better pull off as it smoke like someone just put your hand over the air filter this happens when i pull off

so you getting this lol however i turn the low jet in say a total of 1/2 a turn and she is good then i turn the high jet out by 1/8 turn then run it up and down some more then just as it changes gear it cuts out so i start it back up and turn the high jet out by 1/8 turn so now I'm back to factory setting on the high jet but i want to clean up the mid but when i turn it in less than 1/8 of a turn on idel it start to rev up

so i turn the idel down but no good so i turn the low jet out 1/8 of a turn still no better so then i turn the mid screw out 1/8 of a turn back to factory setting and it slows the rpm down on idel

so can anyone tell me how the hell the 3 jet carb works as there is only 1 inlet were the main is then how the hell dose it feed the low and mid

were on normal 2 stroke carbs you have the main jet at the lowes point then next to that the progretion jet then the idel so you have your 3 jet and 3 holes 1 for each jet

are you you getting all this lol

so any help would be welcome as i can not for the love of me get my head around it

thanks guys

ok on the 3 needles ... set the mid needkle to flush then don't touch it again .... then set the other needles to flush ... turn the lsn low speed needle in slightly to give it punch and starts easy ... once thats set ... then you tirn the hsn high speed needle in slightly a lil at a time till it has nice rpms at wide open throttle but still has good smoke trail ... if it starts cutting out or just stalls its to lean and will need screwed out a little... if it hangs and the rpms stay reved up for a second or 2 after realeasing the throttle its to lean n needs adjusted out slightly.. if it acts flooded and sputters .. lean it out by screwing hsn in 1/16 turn till it clears up... but don't touch the mid needle at all.... leave it flush...and you might need to adjust your idle once the lsn and hsn have been set ... hope this helps ...

ok ill add to maximus's advice. the sts engine has a coarse threaded screw compared to most engines, so little turns are important on these needles 1/16 either way may be way rich or way lean if you know what i mean. so very small movements of the needles are required.

ok guys did what you said and it worked ok i mean i spent about an hour slow tuning her however i found myself having to open the mid jet as there was not enough fuel it open about 2 turns but it messes up the top so i adjust the high jet and after she runs for about 2 mins it running as if she has not fuel like when you get to that little bit in tank and she revs up and so on so i rich it up a little and she again runs fine but when i stop just for a sec or two and pull away she smokes like and if I'm running, running in setting is this normal or am i still doing something wrong

Members online

No members online now.
Back