Sts .28?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

Ok I am about to buy the STS .28 new from ebay. I am on a VERY LIMITED budget. The price is $105. Is it worth thr price?? Thanks. Also if you have it please tell me what you think of it.

iv talked to you about this engine before in the shout box. ill let you know of my experiance with this engine. iv had several waranty replaced 4.6 engines in my savage 4.6 truck. after i was using my last engine from them i started looking for a better more powerful engine.i bought a picco .27 and ran it for 2 gallons and it had problems from the start. it never ran right or had the power i expected from a picco.[ I'm sure there are others out there with great sucess with this engine but i didnt have any with it. i have been in nitro a long time and have had lots of trucks, I'm also a marine mechanic and understand how to tune engines. i tune all my buddys nitro engines for them, they don't understand or have the patience to get them tuned right.] i have had several novarossi engines and spent the extra money on more expensive engines and they had the power but constantly needed to be retuned almost every day[ a lot] . so i took a gamble[it was my first e bay sale purchace] and ordered the sts engine from the guy i told you to order it from. he is in tampa and I'm in west palm beach fl so shipping took a day to get it. when i got it it was in a factory sealed box. when i started the breakin all was perfect it has a ton of compression and has to have the gp loosened and the block heated to start it. i did the breakin just as the sts website says to do. this engine has been the tightest engine iv ever ran before. it took around a gallon before it started to loosen up. during the breakin you will need to be patient with it its well worth it. after breakin i broke my first pull start. the spring just broke, i got another one under warranty from the e bay site i bought it from. I'm going to be getting a roto backplate when i start using it again. they say that sts redsigned their starter with a stronger spring now and its much stronger than the version i had. i have been running it for 3-4 gallons with byrons 20% nitro and the recommended hot gp. they work best with the mccoy hot gp.[they also say that the hot gp for some reason works the best. i tried a cold plug and it didnt like it. well it is a great engine for any ammount of money, i want to put sts engines in all my trucks. i have a pirate with a picco .26 with a jp2 pipe and my savage outruns it badly. the picco is a pain to tune compaired to the sts. my sts holds tune all the time and i rarely have to addjust it, maby at most a 1/8th turn. well my luck with the sts engine has been really good. when we run we will run all day on the weekend and go through a gallon or more in each truck. we run nonstop all day when possible, in soft sugar sand and grass. we really put them through a beating , my 9 year old son loves my truck now and it takes him a while to get used to all the power the sts engine has. it dose wheelies on command nomatter how fast its going. iv got pics of it in action on my photo page here. oh well good luck just thought id let you know a little about my experiance with the sts engine.

WOW thanks jrstorm. I wasn't expecting all of that! I will be getting the motor but I still need to get my mom to order it. I will be buying it from the guy you told me about. I don't have the money to keep replacing the pullstarts. I THINK Megabyteme was saying that te S-25's roto plate would fit?? But anyways THANKS A LOT!!!!! You need to get that published...lol..JK

Latest posts

Members online

Back