Sts 28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAZORROGERS

WOTS THIS ENGINE LIKE ANYONE NOhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STS-28-RotoStart-Engine-3-Port-4-66cc-fits-SAVAGE-X_W0QQitemZ130004886973QQihZ003QQcategoryZ19168QQcmdZViewItem

yes i have one in my 4.6 savage. they are very good engines. iv used novarossi engines and piccos in the past.i like the sts alot better and for the money their a good buy.i have a little over 3 gallons through mine.i really like it , i have driven my other truck i have with a wasp engine in it and compaired to the stsi like the sts power band and the power a lot better than my wasp/picco .26 and will be getting another sts for that truck in the future. i like the way they tune good and easy. their only weekness seems to be in the starting system. the pullstart wears out quickly and the roto is a specivic roto backplate. the shape of the backplate only allows for an sts part. i have gone through 2 starters alerady and the third is on its way out now. i am going to order a tiger drive starter for it but it has to be for an sts engine since normal backplates that most lhs stock wont fit. that is the only thing i don't like about the sts engine. they are a really high compression engine, and break in takes around a gallon before it loosens up. because of this the gp HAS to be loosened and heating the block with a heat gun is a MUST. they are very tight and take a lot to breakin as far as heating and loosning the gp . when i got around 3/4 gallon of fuel ran through i didnt have to heat the block anymore but i still needed to loosen the gp til around a gallon of fuel. now with 3 gallons through it its still tight and has a lot of compression but it starts pretty good and runs perfect and is the best engine iv ever used.

I saw some video's of a savage with that engine in it and it was running fast. When I replace my engine I think I will have to buy one of them unless I find a larger one I cant live without.

jrstorm said:
yes i have one in my 4.6 savage. they are very good engines. iv used novarossi engines and piccos in the past.i like the sts alot better and for the money their a good buy.i have a little over 3 gallons through mine.i really like it , i have driven my other truck i have with a wasp engine in it and compaired to the stsi like the sts power band and the power a lot better than my wasp/picco .26 and will be getting another sts for that truck in the future. i like the way they tune good and easy. their only weekness seems to be in the starting system. the pullstart wears out quickly and the roto is a specivic roto backplate. the shape of the backplate only allows for an sts part. i have gone through 2 starters alerady and the third is on its way out now. i am going to order a tiger drive starter for it but it has to be for an sts engine since normal backplates that most lhs stock wont fit. that is the only thing i don't like about the sts engine. they are a really high compression engine, and break in takes around a gallon before it loosens up. because of this the gp HAS to be loosened and heating the block with a heat gun is a MUST. they are very tight and take a lot to breakin as far as heating and loosning the gp . when i got around 3/4 gallon of fuel ran through i didnt have to heat the block anymore but i still needed to loosen the gp til around a gallon of fuel. now with 3 gallons through it its still tight and has a lot of compression but it starts pretty good and runs perfect and is the best engine iv ever used.
IF U DON'T MIND ME ASKING,DO U KNOW WHAT IS THE FACTORY NEEDLE SETTINGS ON THE STS.28?ALSO DID U NEED TO CHANGE UR CLUTCH SPRINGS,I HAVE THE PURPLE 3 SHOE ALUMINUM W/THE SPRING THAT CAME WITH IT BUT IT SEEMS LIKE IT ENGAGES ON IDLE WITH MY STS.28,MYABE CAUSE I HAVEN'T GOT TO FINISH THE BREAK IN YET BUT IT IS A PAIN IN THE *** TO BREAK IN.PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOU THE NEEDLE SETTING IF U KNOW IT,THANKS

I have a SH 28 on my XTM XLB, and it puts all other stock engines to SHAME!!
I would like to have one on my Savage SS w/Truckzilla Sport Package!

? On Transmission Shifting

Guys/Gals,

I have had Nitro's for about 5 years now. I have just purchased a SS 4.6 and put the Truckzilla Sport Package on it. I have broke it in correctly and now I am on probably 7 tanks of fuel, I cannot for the Life of me get it to shift into second. Yesterday I ran it for a tank and at the end of the tank I think I might have noticed it shifted, but then it ran out of fuel. I haven't really leaned it out much, still blowing good blue smoke, but temps are getting close to 280, and I shut her down. I know I need to cut a hole in the windshield for better circulation.
Please tell me what I need to do to get this thing to shift? This is the 4.6 engine
Thanks!!

Durocraft said:
Guys/Gals,

I have had Nitro's for about 5 years now. I have just purchased a SS 4.6 and put the Truckzilla Sport Package on it. I have broke it in correctly and now I am on probably 7 tanks of fuel, I cannot for the Life of me get it to shift into second. Yesterday I ran it for a tank and at the end of the tank I think I might have noticed it shifted, but then it ran out of fuel. I haven't really leaned it out much, still blowing good blue smoke, but temps are getting close to 280, and I shut her down. I know I need to cut a hole in the windshield for better circulation.
Please tell me what I need to do to get this thing to shift? This is the 4.6 engine
Thanks!!
HAVE U TRIED ADJUSTING UR TRANNY?ALSO U MIGHT WANNA KEEP UR TEMP LOWER,BUT YEAH TRY ADJUSTING UR 2SPEED IT MIGHT BE SET ON LATE SHIFT .

I have adjusted the tranny to shift earlier and it still seems to be winding instead of shifting.

Durocraft said:
I have adjusted the tranny to shift earlier and it still seems to be winding instead of shifting.
have u check the screw that is holding the clutch hub that might be lose,other than that the motor might not be reaching enough rpm to engage to second,are u running stock clutch?it could be slipping making the engine rev high but doesn't transfer the power to the tranny.as for cuttting hole on the winshield,not really necessary,just richen up ur hsn a little more.hope that helps.

its been a while ill have to look up what the stock factory settings are. ill look and post later. iv been really bussy lately...

Latest posts

Members online

Back