STS .28 Break-in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

ok guys. Mega you'll be happy now.......i am for now. I ran 1/2 tank thru thwe STS .28 last night and well It still likes to rev a little high but We got it controlled. Also Megabyteme ummm the spur turns but the driveshafts don't. jtmt told me to chech the brass bushing on the spur. I Don't know But I'm not worried about it till i actually want to drive it some. I will keep you all updated.

Check the brake hub set screw. Trust me...I've had that problem about 3 times now...lol. May not be the problem, but it's a great place to check that you might not normally think of.

UPDATE: I got it working and ran another 1/2 tank.well almost. I have a new porble. The tranny is locked up. When in forward it works but if you hold the spur and try to roll it backwards it l ocks the tires up. I tried to start it but it tries to start with 1st gear engaged/

thats kind a different problem ( so it ran ok for like a 1/2 of tank ) it the spur gear mesh ok check that and then the clutch bell bearing that MIGHT be the problem keep us posted

Ok I got the tranny taken apart last night and checked it and it all looked fine. I ran another whole tank today but it never did get up to 200 deghree's. I am testing at the glo-plug.

Ok I ran 2 tank's today and went to do a third and well quess what.the pull-start broke on me. I e-mail Ryan at racernine and hopefully he can send me another one.

I tried but i busted the plastic inside. I think he is sending in tomorrow. I am gonna try and get it but I don't think I am. :(

Well he is sending me a pullstart.:) I just went ahead and put the roto on and since it has a ball head on it I go in it at an angle.it works..If I get the ps RACERNINE has GREAT SERVICE

Ok I started it up today.still likes to idle a little high but my dad just wanted to keep on letting it run.got up to 100-105 degrees Celcius..should it be ok? Manual wants it to get up to 90 degress Celcuis.......hope it'll be alright. Also the roto start doesn't like starting it unless my battery is fully charged....too tight.

Ok I started it up today.still likes to idle a little high but my dad just wanted to keep on letting it run.got up to 100-105 degrees Celcius..should it be ok? Manual wants it to get up to 90 degress Celcuis.......hope it'll be alright. Also the roto start doesn't like starting it unless my battery is fully charged....too tight.
u want break in temps 2 b like 200*f to 220*f if u have tape the head up or put a sock around it

Does the STS .28 idle higher that the stock 4.1?? I can't get it to idle low enough for the wheels to stop turning. Will Mugen 1.1 springs help? It is teh stock springs that came with it.

did u adjust the idle screw ??? have to ask also make sure the throttle slide only opens like 1mm ...also u might have to mess with the throttle linkage (might be a little lean ) but thats last thing your should try...

WE get it to idle low enough where it cuts itself off.you can tell it's about to cut off....but when it is idleing that low the wheels still turn.

I hope you are cracking the glow plug a little when you start it. tighten it when it is running. helps get over a tight engine. old school.

Your runnig rich on the low end lean it out in 1/8 turns thats why it want do die on you (you have just broke it in right)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back