sts .28 anybody?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polystyrene

or rather why i wont trust one :duel:

had around 1 or 2 gallons as far as i can remember but member of the club couldnt get his savage to start today. he took the head off to find this:
DSC00830.jpg

nasty

Why is every and their brother having problems like this? I have seen......like 4 engines that have sustained massive damage. Do you know how it happened?

you need to talk to mark from stsmicroengines he is a member here and has been a lot of help to me with my .30

I had the same problem with my old sts.28 which seemed to
ave an air leak & ran hot.

The piston gets stuck at TDC & when you try to start it the
conrod pulls the centre of piston down.

I had mine replaced under warranty so i would suggest you
contact sts direct.

Mine was replaced within 1 week of me sending my old one
back.

must be a common problem if they are replacing them that easily what you think they must be aware of a problem

I don't think its a common problem if you keep the temps no higher
than 280 but they do like to keep there customers happy.

possibly i had an issue with my x when i got it new the transmitter was knackered and the rotostart was noisey so i rang them they sent new of eavh out i got them the next day didnt even ask for the old ones !!!!!

if the piston is getting stuck at TDC, and the engine is soo hot that it pulls the wristpin out of the piston, then thats a classic case of a non broken in motor being beat on..... I mean if the piston is still getting stuck, the motor is a long ways from being broken in, and is nowhere near ready for racing or being pushed........Its a shame, but really is more user error, then STS error.

guys, that motor was at least 2 or 3 gallons old. the guy who ran it knew enough to run it in properly. there could be a million reasons why it broke.

usual forum propaganda seems to have set in :) :) :)

guys, that motor was at least 2 or 3 gallons old. the guy who ran it knew enough to run it in properly. there could be a million reasons why it broke.

usual forum propaganda seems to have set in :) :) :)

okay then... then the piston wasn't likely sticking still... it would be able to carry that much pinch i wouldn't think..

not propaganda, i honestly don't know the full story, and based off the little imformation posted i made the most reasonable conclusion... take no insult please

sorry, was meant as a joke nothing serious

honestly our best guess at the track when it happened is that it was running too lean and the engine just gave up, think he was just glad it wasnt a brand new engine

sorry, was meant as a joke nothing serious

honestly our best guess at the track when it happened is that it was running too lean and the engine just gave up, think he was just glad it wasnt a brand new engine

it does look as if it did get awefully hot.....prety wild the piston actualy melted, you don't see that alot with these nitro engines.

i've seen it a bit on 4 stroke ic's detonation will eventually melt the head of the piston. that's my best guess, as the plug hitting would make a racket!! too high temp is my guess at that one....

Heres a pic of mine which got a bit warm for comparison.

I have circled the areas that have been pulled by the conrod

Pistondetail.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back