Stock vs. LST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorman

I have been looking at the LST shock upgrade and wondering if it is worth it, so I'm looking for some help as to what everyone thinks. They definitely look awesome on the truck. If they are worth it what will I need to make the conversion? Who makes the best LST shocks? Please let me know what you all think. Thanks.

They are a very sweet looking mod. The LST shocks are much better at dampening, Like night and day difference. As far as durability the stockers are a bit better but if the LST's are installed correctly they are very durable to. They are probably the best thing you can do as far as racing goes and if your just a basher they are good as well. I run the LST2 shocks all aluminum (caps & bodys) I also run the TiNi shafts. My bodys are the hardened ones(brownish gray colored oned. They are about as high end as they get. I run the Yellow springs as they are stiff for bashing and run the chrome ones for any racing or if I'm going to do much street driving as they are softer and they lower the CG's. The IRC ones are very good to. I would deffanetly go with the IRC install kit as its very nice. I personally run the Losi 45 Wt. shock oil and feel this is the best fluid to go with.

Enought blabin if you got other questions ill do my best to answer. I really like mine thought.

I concur... have been running the lst's and the IRC kit for about 10 tanks for fuel and so far not one problem. I also like the simplicity of it... four shocks instead of 8. You could save some money by running the plastic shocks from the other Losi trucks but you should definately get the IRC kit. Good quality product.

the lst2 shocks have aluminum threaded bodies
the aftershock shocks have plastic threaded bodies
the original lst shocks are aluminum non threaded bodies
all the same length

A lot of people prefer the aftershock shocks with plastic bodies for the weight savings.

they look great but they weigh a ton with all the stuff you have to put on the truck to use them,i did it to mine ran about a month like that and took it off for the performance gain.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back