Stock tank height?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drvon

First off this is my first post! I have had my Savage X for 3 weeks now, and have done more reading the driving but I can fix that. From what I have read the half tank lean issue is partly due to the bottom half the tank being lower than the carb. Yes / No?

I work in a custom manufacturing shop so my brain is a ticking. If I raise the stock tank up will this help with the lean issue? I have a idea will work on it tomorrow at work and should have pics.

PS Coming from a profession were I get to do R&D work and come up with different ideas, and get paid to due it, you all have some great / cool and innovative ideas keep up the good work.

Hi dev welcome to the forum. yep, these savages will really get you thinking sometimes, lookin forward to seeing what you come up with.

we love pics. & vid.

See I'm not a big r/c racer so i don't have to worry about the mid tank lean i just re-fill when it gets to have way !

Question is the tank to close the heat sink?

your gonna have to tell us. id think that the heat from the heat sink wouldnt really be a problem, but chances are good that the tank will smash into the heat sink & break the tank.

good idea tho, ive heard peeps ask if it would work so bash the crap out of it & let us know your findings.

Didn't really work and I'm concerned about the tank height so.... I ordered some parts today from the SMF store for my mid tank build.

I will take pics and post my build, some of the parts were back ordered so I don't know when they will arrive and I live in Canada so shipping will take a week or so.

great try my friend, you will have to keep us posted about your mid tank conversion!!!!!

Didn't really work and I'm concerned about the tank height so.... I ordered some parts today from the SMF store for my mid tank build.

ya, i was wondering how well the tank would survive being elavated, but i think its great that you gave it a shot. peeps have come up with some killer mods tryin a new idea.

i got my mid-tank stuff from smf, also my flm, and tons of other stuff. great choice, keeps us informed on the build bro :resp:

I'm using the Mugen 150cc, and currently waiting for back ordered parts from SMF. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to fill there back orders?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back