Stock Radio Melted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAC-ISR

OK GUYS LAST NIGHT I CHECK MY RADIO, I TURNED ON MY RECIEVER AND TX IT WAS WORKING FINE,THEN I TURNED BOTH OFF,I FAST CHARGE THE TX FIRST THEN MY RX,THEN I WOKE 7 AM SO I CAN BASH AND WAKE UP MY NEIGHBORS,I TURNED MY RX ON IT WAS FINE THEN I TURNED ON MY TX I NOTICE RED LIGHT DOESN'T GO ON SO I CHECKED THE BATTERY AND ALL THE SKIN OF IT IS MELTED AND SO AS THE HOLDER,SO WHAT IN THE WORLD WENT WRONG THERE????????:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So what kind of rechargable batteries were you using, and how did you charge it? If you were using loose NiCD cells, they should never be fast charged, but if it was an assembled pack like futaba uses it may be a short in the lead wires. Some pics would be good.

So what kind of rechargable batteries were you using, and how did you charge it? If you were using loose NiCD cells, they should never be fast charged, but if it was an assembled pack like futaba uses it may be a short in the lead wires. Some pics would be good.
I'm USING THE SANYO 700 NICD RECHEARGABLES,I THINK WHAT I DID WRONG IS LAST TIME I FULLY CHARGE THEN USED FOR ABOUT 15MINUTE THEN PUT IT BACK ON THE SHELF THEN AFTER 3 WEEKS OF NON USE I RECHEARGE IT AGAIN MAYBE I OVER CHRAGE U THINK?THANKS

I'm USING THE SANYO 700 NICD RECHEARGABLES,I THINK WHAT I DID WRONG IS LAST TIME I FULLY CHARGE THEN USED FOR ABOUT 15MINUTE THEN PUT IT BACK ON THE SHELF THEN AFTER 3 WEEKS OF NON USE I RECHEARGE IT AGAIN MAYBE I OVER CHRAGE U THINK?THANKS

You shouldn't fast charge those cells, I found that out years ago when I was trying to charge them for my plane RX pack. Lets just say they make a pretty big mess when they explode lol.

Ya if you aren't going to use your batteries again for awhile you should drian them properly..and then slow charge them up to full before you use them again.I read some were before also..AA batteries don't hold the same amout of voltage as a hump pack of 5 cells..which is needed to constanly run your servo's so if you get a chance to upgrade..put those on the list also.
Another thing to check is your connections...a plug that is not or was not properly plugged all the way in will loose heat when in use and melt the coupler and wire around it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back