Steering upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlg1

has anyone got the uprated servo saver spring and steering bearings from hpi, if so are they worth it , i.e - what will i gain, also i have the hi-tec hs7955 tg for a steering servo, thanks

I'm curious how easy it is to do this? "install bearings" like how much do you have to take apart? lol

just your steering post! then remove the 4 plastic bushings and replace w?theis
bearings001.jpg

bearings002.jpg

cool, and i've read it makes a big difference so I'm gonna order a set of bearings and do this i think lol

the spring is not worth doing just adjust it ... the bearings are worth it. Simple to do sac

I just ordered some bearings from SMF for this, and I'm getting the HD servo saver spring too. I find that I have to tighten the spring so far that it really has no travel if it were to need it. With the stiffer spring I shouldn't have to adjust it down so far and it will still be able to move up and down if it really needs to.

thanks guys,think i'll do both mods

i just did this mod yesterday.it is simple,just remove your radio box,take the 4 plastic bearings out,replace them with the new bearings ,put your radio box back.smoother steering all for 15 bucks in bearings.you will see and feal the diffrence

Members online

Back