Steering Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YELLOW-700

Can Any One Tell Me What A Good Steering Servo Is. I Have Savage Rtr 4.6 Completely Stock I Have Stripped Gears Once Called Hpi They Shipped Me A New Hot Bodies Servo I Bought Replacement Plastic Gears That Lasted Ten Minutes , Put In New Servo No Problems Yet But I Want To Upgrade .thanks In Advance

I like a digital servo with at or over 200oz's. Allot of the other guys use lesser servos the they say hold up. I am a JR/airtronics fan. But the servos I use are in the 100's so its up to you in the end. I say go with the one most of the guys say are good. ---> hitec

One of the cheapest good servos is the Hitec 625MG which is Metal Geared and has plenty of power. I recommend the digital series of that servo as it gives more power and is all around better which is the 5645MG and Tend to run the 5625mg for throttle. just my .02

if you are still running the stock radio the hitec 645mg servo will fit the bill nicly and they are around 40 bones. then take the hpi sf2 servo and make it the throttle / brake servo

Can Any One Tell Me What A Good Steering Servo Is. I Have Savage Rtr 4.6 Completely Stock I Have Stripped Gears Once Called Hpi They Shipped Me A New Hot Bodies Servo I Bought Replacement Plastic Gears That Lasted Ten Minutes , Put In New Servo No Problems Yet But I Want To Upgrade .thanks In Advance

ive got the same set up as mickey and it works out very well with no issues. had to plan my upgrades according to available funds when i bought this servo & it has a lot of run-time & works GREAT.

Now that i have a good Tx & Rx combo (Futaba 3pm) i'm wanting to upgrade to a digital servo with a bit more 'yank.'
so it comes down to the common denominator: how much coin can you drop & what are your future plans? if $$ is tight, then get the hi-tec 645 like me & mickey & if you can swing a few more bucks, grab the digital that Larson recommends especially if you have or plan to get a 2.4 digital radio.
:peace: :peace:

Usually you can pick up the 645 in the $30's. The digital ones I listed above run in the $50's but do give more torque than that analog comparison.

i use the futaba S3305 which cost me around $35 for my steering and just moved the sf2 to throttle/brake but the hitec 645 works just the same i also recommend a hump pack for more power to the servoes

ya and aparently the 645mg have a better design now and are tougher from what i read....

thanks for all the input guys, and i do have a hump pack

Latest posts

Members online

Back