Steering servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-SaVaGe X-

I bought some big joes and i want my truck to steer really well. i no this servo is probably overkill but more is better than not enough. but the question i have is, Is this servo good?? quality wise? and is this servo made by Hitec for Hobbico?cuz it is very similar to the Hitec 5955 titanium gear. other suggestions are welcome but i would like the price to be below $100.

Heres a link
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNRN6&P=ML

any input is appreciated

Thx

that one actually looks real good by the specs but ive never used one....i like the cirrus brand personally and I'm running a 210 oz steering servo.

I actually use that servo in my savage and rock crawler. It does fine with my Goliath tires. Should be just fine for the Joes.

I'm running a hitec HSC-5998-TG, which has 249oz of torque. The servo has more than enough power for any wheel and tyre combo, but I found that the servo saver lets it down. When the truck is stationary and you turn the wheels from lock to lock, the servo sver just keeps opening up. Even with the spring wound up to the limit, it just isn't man enough for the job.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back