steering servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X

Conspiracy of One
HPISF Staff
HPISF Supporter
I was just running my savage and it stopping turning as sharp as it used to. The tires are only turning about half way left or right. When I pick up the front end the wheels go all the way. I charged the batteries and made sure nothing else had changed with the steering. Still no good. Is it possible that the steering servo has gone bad? IF so, any recommendations for a new one. I currently run a JR racing radio setup and would like a servo with enough power to turn the wheels while standing still.

Hitec HS645MG is what I use with 1400 ma batteries

I don't have any problem turning. The higher batter out put helps a great deal.

Also let me see if I can find a steering mod thread from FXSTRONGSIDE

thats what my next mod is for the steering. hope this helps

Chuck

Chuck

I'm pretty sure that the battery packs all have the same "output" at 6 volts...the mAh rating is how long they will last (I could be mistaken of course)

are you using a bell-crank servo saver? check to see if it's set tight enough...

I found that the steering servo saver was loose. I think I would still like to take this opportunity to upgrade to a better steering servo, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Also let me see if I can find a steering mod thread from FXSTRONGSIDE

thats what my next mod is for the steering. hope this helps

Chuck
This is a great servo if your on a budget. It's served and continues to serve me well.
about $33 at most on-line RC stores

Last edited by a moderator:
The JR DZ9000T is great is you don't mind spending the money. It usually runs around 110-120 pending where you buy it. If you looking for tight turning radius with large tires this servo can hold that line for you. It great for racing or just beating around the house or park!

Latest posts

Members online

Back