Steering servo help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wullie

a few times when iv had my savvy out, the steerings stopped working for 10/15seconds then gone back to normal. this has been an intermittent prob and i assumed it was just the batteries in either my servo or controller that were dying. Went out 2day with all brand new batteries and after bout 20mins my steering stopped working completely. the servo is making all the right noises when u turn the direction wheel on the controler but its not actually moving. i thought that maybe it had stripped or something but the servo isnt turning at all, its just making noise as if it is. iv tried swapping the wires on the reciever so the throttle is now the steering but the same thing happens. any ideas guys?? its the standard hpi servo that was in it when i got it. I'm at a loss here!! any help would be greatly appreciated.

:newb:

will a TRAXXAS REVO T-MAXX E-MAXX JATO 2055 HIGH TORQUE SERVO be ok as a replacement. it delivers 80 in/oz of torque.

I THINK you have just STRIIPPED your FIRST SERVO. Same thing happened to me at about 1/2 a gallon of fuel. I opened the servo up and all the little plastic gears were stripped. The rebuild kit at my LHS was 30 dollars so i bought a Hobbico Commander CS70. Haven't had any probllems yet. knock on wood.

i kinda thought that. am i initiated now?!lol

Wullie, get a high torque, metal geared servo, and set your servo saver accordingly. Shouldn't have any problems after that. I use a Hitec HS-645MG which puts out over 130 OZ of torque with a 6.0V hump pack! Metal gears and reasonably priced. Check out their website or Tower Hobbies for specs on all their servos. Good luck!
Vinny

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back